Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: engine question, what should i do

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    but it felt good right?

hahaha...that wasn't much better...lol....
    horable imagination

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    but it felt good right?

hahaha...that wasn't much better...lol....
    hahahaha, I must be as bad as you. I was thinking the same thing

Gold Award 
    great minds think alike. hehe

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

If you have the money, definetly stroke it. I don't know if you have done anyything yet, if not get in touch with a good friend of mine Dave Cremarosa, from D&D Motorsports. Their address is; D&D Motorsports - 25435 Rye Canyon - Valencia, California 91355. Phone: ( 661-260-2226 ), Ask for Dave, and tell him Mike Devine sent you. He can set you up with a nice short block, with all forged internals, completely balanced and blueprinted, for about $4000.00. I guarantee, you won't be disappointed, Mike D. ( ITLRUN ) Seriously, if you haven't done anything yet, give him a call and he'll give you the complete rundown on the short block, and all your options.

Thats alot to spend on twenty cubs. Go with a 5.4 if your going to stroke. Spend your money on the KB and the heads. Dont waist your time with that small of a increase. The stock short block is pretty tough especially with better pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    I nice stroked shortblock is the way. Did it hurt any of the top end??
    No, I am pretty sure the top end is ok.

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmatheson View Post
    Thats alot to spend on twenty cubs. Go with a 5.4 if your going to stroke. Spend your money on the KB and the heads. Dont waist your time with that small of a increase. The stock short block is pretty tough especially with better pistons.
    Having done it before, I'd go more with what this guy said. The gains from a stroker are minimal given the $ you'll spend. There are pleanty of guys making gobs of power on the stock shortblock. Now if you plan on going big later, that's a different story.

PM Replied

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

In order to put a 5.4L DOHC in a Cobra, you'll need to change alot of other parts to make it work. I have done the 5.4 swap and converted it to a DOHC with a single turbo in a 03 Cobra. Trust me stick with the 4.6L block and stroke it, it will cost less, last longer at higher power levels, and you wont have to try to find all the needed parts to make it work. JMHO

BTW - I built the stroker from a CHP short block in BLK03SVT.

1. Hey Mike; Here's a copy of the email Dave sent me yesterday, on what you should do and specs on his short blocks w/price on everything, Mike D. Thanks for informing your friend about our line of engines, I do appreciate the opportunity to help out, Dave. Comp Hawk 4.6 includes : 1, New Block 2, Forged steel crank 8 bolt 3,Forged steel 4340 H-Beam rods W/ARP rod bolts 4, Forged pistons w/multiple compression 5, Moly rings 6, Clevite bearings 7, ARP main studs 8, Fully Ballanced + Blueprinted, comp assembled and paint detailed 9, $2995.95 + shipping. ( Comp Hawk 5.1 stroker ) 1, Comes w/all of the above, but has a 3.750 stroke and 6.00 rods. $3995.95 + shipping. Both engines will handle up to 1000 hp. The difference is the stroker will make more hp/tq across the board. If you have any questions, just give me a call, Dave. (661-260-2226) Web site: www.dndmotorsports.com. Mike D. (ITLRUN). Give him a call Mike, tell him that your the guy I told him about. Let me know what you think later, after you talk to him, Mike. You can call me if you want, to let me know what you deside. (508-672-8562)

oh please if you do anything DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT!!! get ANYTHING from D&D.. Took 4 months to get 3 K-members. Finally went to cali to go Look for this guy. Wasn't returning our phone calls. Made some phone calls to some friends in the industry that lived worked close to him. Well then we find out he does this all out of the back of his house. After we get back from cali he finally decides to call back. And now he has no more k-members. We ended up waiting another 3 weeks. Finally got them. And we still paid full price. talk about customer service! HAHAHA
    P.s. If you don't believe me.. Dan can vouch as well. Because it was me and Dan that went down there. And we actually ended up picking a Different K-member while we were down there.