Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helpp!!!!

Well, I'm not a Ford tech, but it sounds like it is telling you there is a serial number mismatch possibly? In a John Deere Engine Control Unit (ECU), if there is a serial number mismatch in the controllers, it will derate engine performance until the mismatch is corrected. In other words, you can't swap a controller from one tractor to another because there are several controllers on the machine that "talk" to each other and each one "knows" the serial numbers of the other controllers. If there is a mismatch, the affected system goes into a derate or "limp home" mode. I don't know if the same type of thing can happen on Fords. Anybody know if this is possible? I was under the impression that there was only one "controller" on these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    got new plugs in, fuel filter, cleaned out the injectors n the fuel press. reg. is good to go and lines are clear...

ok so it was missfirin in 4, changed the ignition coil, it doesnt say 4 is missifirin anymore but it still feels like a missfire and has a rough idle and kind of stalls a little when gettin on it... code for the Vehicle ID block is either corrupt or needs programing, and the cam align. sensor... ive already replaced the cam sensor but its still comin up... so i know that the cam sensor not workin correctly or what not can cause missfire and stallin during acceleration and a rough idle... but if ive replaced it then whats goin on?? ok next, im not sure what would cause a VID block code to come up, im not even to sure what an ECM (engine control management??) or Vehicle ID block is or does....?? as stupid as that may sound....

as far as good news... i got the typhoon intake manifold, plenum, n 75mm throttle body on and im very happy with it... besides that little bit my cars still fallin apart...
    Well if you replaced the cam sensor and its still throwing that code my best guess would be an intermittant wiring problem on that circuit

what are your fuel trims?