Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustangs Across America 2009!

Platinum Award 

Mustangs Across America 2009!

I know its just over 1 year away but the 45th Aniversary of our beloved car will be here before we know it. The MAA is planning the cruise through Arizona! I will keep this thread and Jeff can make it sticky for updates! I missed the 40th drive and I hope to make this one!

In April of 2009, the Mustang will turn 45 years old and the largest Mustang show ever is being planned in Birmingham, Alabama by the Mustang Club of America. To be held at the famous Barber Motorsports Park from April 16-19th, the three-day event will host as many as 6000 Mustangs for show and open track events.
    Adding to the 45th anniversary celebration will be an epic Mustang convoy road-trip from the West that will travel across America’s heartland bringing Mustangs from all over the United States and around the world to attend the big show in Birmingham. Starting in Las Vegas, NV, Mustangs will thunder across America on a five day journey through the scenic backdrops of history, tracing the shadows of Route 66 in the West. The Midwest will include a stop in Mustang, OK and Dallas, TX before rounding up the herd through the deep South in Louisiana and Alabama. Drive participants will enjoy planned gatherings, cruise-ins and other adventures as part of the road trip itinerary.

http://www.mustangsacrossamerica.com...videoarch2.htm
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Gold Award 
    wow, that looks like one heck of a drive. could be fun though!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    Looks like alot of fun, would only cost me about $1500 to do the drive the way gas prices are.

Silver Award 
    Dave keep me informed I definitely am interested in this cruise, but I only want to do it if someone from CMC is going.

Well, we know Dave is going on that trip. I don't think I'll make that one. Knott's is tough enough to arrange for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR-Stang View Post
    Dave keep me informed I definitely am interested in this cruise, but I only want to do it if someone from CMC is going.
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

I have signed up for this trip. I also did the 2004 40th anniversary trip to Nashville. The people you will meet on this trip are great and I have made lots of new friends that I still keep in touch with. Since 2004 I have made a few smaller road trips with some of the others that I have met in my travels. So far there are 8 out of the 150 signed up coming from the Phoenix area and a few more from Tucson and Flagstaff. The main guy putting this together (Sam) is from the Phoenix. You dont have to go the entire route to have fun you can just do at least to Mustang Ok where they will have a great party for us. So come on over and check out the web sites.

http://www.mustangsacrossamerica.com/
    http://www.mustangsacrossamerica.com/forums/

And by the way that is me registered as #001 for this drive.

Silver Award 
    I'm so ready for this. Already getting ready to have my stereo guy install a CB in the stang. Hes doing some research for me to see what is the best for the money, and what antenna wont mess up the paint or scratch anything yet still be affective.

Anyone that can shed some light on this would be appreciated as I know zero about CBs. I know the standard Motorola talk abouts wont work for this with others running just cbs since the frequencies are different. Is it April yet?

Theres also been a show Called Mustangs Across America I saw the other night on Discovery HD theater. Looks like a blast. I guess the president of MAA "Sam" lives in Gold Canyon.

I hope a ton of people try to make this event from the Copperstate Club and WWM. The more the merrier! If you put 100.00 bucks a month away between now and next April you'd have plenty to go! Well unless gas is 10.00 a gallon by then, thats about the only thing that might slow me down. Let hope its not!!
    Last edited by JoeT; 05-13-08 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR-Stang View Post
    I'm so ready for this. Already getting ready to have my stereo guy install a CB in the stang. Hes doing some research for me to see what is the best for the money, and what antenna wont mess up the paint or scratch anything yet still be affective.

Anyone that can shed some light on this would be appreciated as I know zero about CBs. I know the standard Motorola talk abouts wont work for this with others running just cbs since the frequencies are different. Is it April yet?

Theres also been a show Called Mustangs Across America I saw the other night on Discovery HD theater. Looks like a blast. I guess the president of MAA "Sam" lives in Gold Canyon.

I hope a ton of people try to make this event from the Copperstate Club and WWM. The more the merrier! If you put 100.00 bucks a month away between now and next April you'd have plenty to go! Well unless gas is 10.00 a gallon by then, thats about the only thing that might slow me down. Let hope its not!!
    just get a portable cb radio it should work well since you will be in range of all of the vehicles
    04 MYSTICHROME Termy!!
    email me nweems1@gmail.com
    WTB: IRS Magnaflow Catback

Platinum Award 
    I could kick myself for missing the 40th and I really want to go, but I'm trying to figure out how fast I can get back home, I don't think I can keep the kids out of school that long... Got some time to figure it all out though!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

well hopefully i can getmy car in running order for a triplike this because this would be one hell of a trip. Straight A's and alot of money but i will try and make this trip. cant wait till the 50th that one will be intense