Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustangs Across America 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    well hopefully i can getmy car in running order for a triplike this because this would be one hell of a trip. Straight A's and alot of money but i will try and make this trip. cant wait till the 50th that one will be intense
    word
    04 MYSTICHROME Termy!!
    email me nweems1@gmail.com
    WTB: IRS Magnaflow Catback

Quote Originally Posted by saleenfiend17 View Post
    just get a portable cb radio it should work well since you will be in range of all of the vehicles
    IMO
    go with a mounted. portable have a tendancy to die and scramble. i alone only at 16 went throught two sets and gave up and my step dad got me into the mounted. i have one on my car now i hide under the seat and the anntenna you can get magneting and so it will not scartch the paitn just take a really thin cloth (super thin) and cut a circle to make a padding betweenthe car and magnite.

Silver Award 
    Dave you gotta go. My wife says she'll go only if you do

Guess she doesn't trust my directions all the way to Nashville.

Directions you don't need no stinking directions!

Platinum Award 
    I really want to, and I'm working on the details now.. I have a hand held CB we used on our trip to the Ford 100 celebration and it was ok just not alot of range.. This would be a great way to meet alot of Mustang fanatics Blueone stated and a life-long memories!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Silver Award 
    Well I'm going either way. Already putting money away every week for it.
    When I got sick, I decided I'm not going to put anything off anymore that I want to do, you never know if that opportunity will arise again.

As far as the CB goes, I probably wont skimp on this, from watching MAA on the TV I saw that the line of Mustangs can be 3-5 miles long. So I want a CB that can gaurantee at least 20 miles! Ive been told I might have to add something called a linear boom, or something like that. I dont know cost is a factor for me on this so we'll see. I got a great stereo guy I been using for 25 years, he wont steer me wrong.

About the only killer for me on this trip would be if gas prices are just to out of line to justify.
    We are talking about filling up about 10-15 times minimum.
    Last edited by JoeT; 05-14-08 at 01:28 PM.

Platinum Award 
    Gas I know, maybe I would be taking the 79' in all it's glory when it's done and that 2.3 would be great on Gas!! I'm hoping to have all the stuff done by October!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Quote Originally Posted by GTR-Stang View Post
    As far as the CB goes, I probably wont skimp on this, from watching MAA on the TV I saw that the line of Mustangs can be 3-5 miles long. So I want a CB that can gaurantee at least 20 miles! Ive been told I might have to add something called a linear boom, or something like that. I dont know cost is a factor for me on this so we'll see. I got a great stereo guy I been using for 25 years, he wont steer me wrong.

About the only killer for me on this trip would be if gas prices are just to out of line to justify.
    We are talking about filling up about 10-15 times minimum.
    Usually ou wouldnt have to i know i need to take my radio in on my car and get it tuned into channel 19 because thats the trucker stantion and the main station that lerts you kno were all cops and traffic is. and i agree with the gas. thats going to be scarry i goin to need an extra small tank in the back for back up just in case. my tank is only 16 gal. maybe slide a small racing medal tank into it. but if you have known the guy i doubt he will rip u off. P.s. there is a radio place on bell if interested i will get the address. If i want to go on this trip i will need to start talking to some of the wild west guys because i will need a permssion slip =D.

Yes the tv show is about the last drive. If you missed it you can still watch it on the MAA web site. as far as CB radios go the hand held units gave everyone fits. they have a poor range and most are battery operated and the batteries would die out.The caravan at times would be streched over 5 miles so a good CB is better. I would prefer to go to a CB radio store than a stereo shop. I also spent the money on a good antennea which gives better range. Try places like Apollo Communications on 43rd and Northern these types of stores specialize in radios. I also paid to have my antenea tuned for better reception. Pm me if you have any specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    my tank is only 16 gal. If i want to go on this trip i will need to start talking to some of the wild west guys because i will need a permssion slip =D.
    Check again Puffy your 69 should have a 20 gallon tank. As far as your permission slip goes dont try running away or Ill tell your Mom

yeah apollo is where i go and my step dad just bought a willson 5,000 and on a good day we have talked to truckers as far as florida. of coarse he does have a huge radio but still the antenna makes a huge difference plus it is as well magnetic so it makes it great for the car. as for mine its smaller and does the job. and it sits on the trunk and looks cool because of the size.