Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise in Mesa 08'

Cruise in Mesa 08'

Just curious, was the cruise in Mesa 3/15/08 better than in November? ..I don't think it was and I will tell you why. Too much other city traffic clogging every lane, it took about 10 min. to get from mesa Dr. to Country Club? What happened to the closing of the street to the public? That never happened? Also i noticed there was'nt as many cars this time around at least it did'nt look like it?

Overall, I had a great time...Oh and all the cop cars rushing to a scene of a crime, will that hamper the decision to have another cruise in the future in Mesa...The law will say that the more people you have in one small area the higher the risk of Crime......
    Last edited by 1rad67; 03-17-08 at 01:18 AM. Reason: none

Gold Award 
    yeah, i did not understand the resigstering and all that jazz. as the roads did not get closed and what not. i was kinda wondering about that. i was not at the november one, but i did have a blast at this one...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Silver Award 

Mesa Cruise

I spoke with the organizers on Tuesday. They told me that the street would not be closed because Mesa wanted $7,000 to do it plus they would have to hire off duty police to enforce it. They are working to get more money for the next one. They told me that they plan to build it into a first rate event but it will take some time. I would be willing to pay a $10-$15 entry fee to get the street closed. The traffic took a lot of the fun out of the cruising.

Berge was a great host and we had a very nice display area there. The problem was that we were at the extreme end of the event so probably 90% of the people never knew we were there or didn't want to walk that far to see the cars.

Platinum Award 
    I don't know how it compared (volume of cars) to the Nov. cruise, maybe Cody can pipe in since he was at both. But the potential to turn this into a great event that could take place multiple times a year is a tweak or two away. I was amazed at the amount of people on the streets watching the cars cruise.

Hell, several of the valley cities should take note and figure a way they could do the same, maybe on a bigger scale. In my opionion (and my 8yr olds) an organized cruise is a lot more fun than a static car show/gathering.
    -Craig-
    08 GT 500 white w/blue stripes

Platinum Award 
    I think your right about the street, they really need to block it off then we could all park right along the street and still have lanes for cruising, but I don't know. If it was that way then many car clubs could have enough to line both sides of the street up and down main. You would think that the city of Mesa would see what a draw it is and wave the $7000. I'm sure the revenue for such and event would pay off for the shop owners and the city.
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Gold Award 
    i was wondering why they were charging, and then everyone driving down main went through, lol. still was fun, and i will most definetly will be doing it again. it was awesome that berge let us invade thier lot.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

CD "an organized cruise is a lot more fun than a static car show/gathering."

I had to go out of town to work and I hated missing the second one. But you are right...calling the Pavillions & Safeway a "cruise" is a joke. NOTHING better than hearing these machines run. I am working on a couple things on this side of town but some how, some way...I'll be at the next one in Mesa.

BTW...Copperstate dudes...a suggestion. The big national show coming in October...hint, hint...could be a helluva cruise and Iam betting people in the show won't mind throwing some dollars in to do so.

Just a thought...course you could have a few more things on your plate already. lol

Platinum Award 
    ^^^^ What are your thoughts? We have drag racing planned for friday night before the show. Let me know! We are always open to +++ Suggestions!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Mesa Cruise

I agree with trick Pony, on the subject of the CMC at the very end of the cruise line meaning Mesa Dr. It was a bad location and I would suggest not to have it there anymore because there were no spectators really around. Most the crowd were in the middle of the cruise sight.
    It's also strange that the plans were to have the streets closed for cruising only but now i'm learning after the fact that Mesa wanted $7,000 dollars to do it, I had no clue until now.
    What I did'nt like was the other city traffic in the way, that got me frustrated because there were classic cars mixed with Honda Civics and SUV's and what not. I think the cruise should have only been classic cars and Hot rods alike, sort of like a parade going down the streets.
    Too much traffic and with High performance machines, our machines don't like to sit idle because engines get too hot and it seemed like I was in traffic forever, Matter of fact I heard others complain of their motors running hot due to sitting in unwanted traffic.
    I know this event is newer and it needs more organization to help this Mesa Cruise be the best cruise sight in Arizona.

Silver Award 
    Linda, the event coordinator, told me that she would really like to get input from participants on how to make it better. You can email Linda at MemoriesStreet@aol.com

I would suggest that anyone who contacts her begins with thanks for what she has accomplished so far. They have a great attitude and really want to work with us to build the event.