Thread: An NHRA Pro Stock Question

Platinum Award 

An NHRA Pro Stock Question

I really enjoy watching the NHRA drags on the weekends, but it sucks that Ford is not participating in the pro stock class. Does anyone know why? Pro stock is my favorite class but it sucks that chevy, dodge and pontiac all participate but Ford is absent.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Pro Stock. Blah.
    They have now have 5 Funny Cars Sponsored.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    I really like the Tasca Mustang also!! But I would like to see something in pro-stock, like the old Glidden days!!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Platinum Award 
    Remember?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Gold Award 
    i do miss the beatiful red and white motorcraft pro stockers that bob glidden drove....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Platinum Award 
    Exactly! Don't get me wrong, I love the funny car participation from Ford, but the pro stock days of old were a blast! Anyone know why Ford got out of it? Prolly cost I suspect....

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Now a Glidden is driving a GTO in prostock

Buckeye, Arizona, United States, 107758105920000, Buckeye, Arizona
    Ford doesn't really have an engine that will compete. They tried a hemi version but were unsucessful...and Bob Glidden was actually involved

The Nunn's
    First off, the mustang isn't the most aerodynamic car. It’s kinda like a brick on the track.
    From what i remember Scott Geoffrion was the last pro stock driver to qualify in a mustang and also get a no. 10 finish in the 04 points race.

Also JIM CUNNINGHAM has tried this and last year to get his Hass built 07 Cobra qualified. But Ford is not willing to reengineer their BOSS-429 block because of their limited interest in the pro stock class.

And Robert Patrick tried it for years but once again failed and went on to IHRA where he is very successful now. So basically FORD has no promising light in pro stock world, just poor engineering. i guess they dont wanna put the 300+ hours just into porting the heads like all the other competitors. typical ford owners.....LAZY.
    Last edited by The Nunn's; 03-17-08 at 04:22 PM.