Thread: Need new mod advice

Need new mod advice

Hello everyone,

I thought I was done with this car, but I got bit by the bug again and need more. It's an '06 and I need to figure out what to do next. I have a Saleen Series VI running 10lbs, 39lb injectors, 90 MM Lightning MAF, Full Borla Exhaust, etc. I want more power, but have other concerns. I'm running a stock auto tranny, stock suspension, stock wheels and brakes, stock gears (although I have brand new 3.73s sitting in my garage).

Here's what i'm thinking:

Saleen Watts-Link Suspension

Level 10 Stage 2 Tranny rebuild http://www.levelten.com/store/ford/p...tang_94_up.htm

302 Stroker

Comp Cams XE Cams and Springs (haven't decided which cams yet)

CNC stock heads.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am not interested in hearing " get rid of the Saleen supercharger and get a Procharger" or anything of the sort. I am not going backwards, I'm adding to what I have. I'm looking for advice on parts, shops, tunes, alternatives, etc. This is a daily driver, so it must be practical (or as practical as possible with $4/gal gas). Thanks

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumSTW3 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I thought I was done with this car
    You'll never be done, I don't know how many times I've told myself that, but there will always be something else you'll want to do to it

Gold Award 
    i think your on the right track with hitting up the suspension....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Def get a suspension under that badboy so you can get all that power to the ground. although unless you hit the road course a lot you really won't notice the benefits of a watts link rear. As far as brakes I personally would keep it simple with maybe a GT500 conversion. Trade those 3.73s for some 4.10s(yes I know your blown) DO IT DO IT NOW!!!! While you got the rear end opened up go head and swap out the stock T-Lok for a trutrac or another proven LSD. Then when your done with that don't hook back up that limp noodle of a stock driveshaft, Go with a spydershaft. Best one for the autos I can think of. I don't know much about autos themselves but TCI torque convertors seem to be all the rage right now. I've heard both extremes of good and bad with level 10 but its all hearsay. 302 is a popular displacement for mustangs but a lot of people are doing 298 strokers for their rev-ablilty and they put less stress on the cylinder walls. Happy moddin.
    2006 Mustang GT Blk/Blk
    5-speed Mods..I need more

Silver Award 
    As you can see by my Sig. I am also blown with the auto trans.

I had the torque converter rebuilt stronger with a higher stall speed to handle the increase engine torque. The tranny seems to be holding up just fine.

When and if I do have problems with the trans. I will look for a stronger built 5R55S transmission. http://www.tciauto.com/WhatsNew/File...ansmission.pdf

Also I can not say enough about the Eibach suspension kit I had installed. The ride height is perfect, the car handles great, and it did not make for a harsh bumpy ride like some spring change-outs do.

Lastly, I love the 3.73 gear set with the auto trans. Much more responsive and I did not lose too much at the top end. about 210 rpm @ 80 Mph

"Good Luck" on your project, and like what was stated earlier, and you are finding out for yourself. Once you start, it is hard to stop. Modaddict

2005 Redfire GT Premium W/GT 500 Body Kit
    Whipple IC Super Charger W/Custom Tune By: PSR

Cams! Move your torque off the bottom of you rpm range
    2007 Mustang GT Premium,Automatic
    Alloy paint with tungsten stripes
    SLP LT headers, Xpipe,Highflow cats ,Roush axle backs
    Classic shaker,C&L racer CAI
    FR 4.10 gears .Inland Empire Aluminum driveshaft,
    Roush under-drive pulley,
    Ford OEM 18" rims
    HiTech Dyno'ed Predator tuned
    295 RWHP 318 Torque SAE .

hooked

So now with all of these great suggestions, where's the best place for parts. I need a deal, or more sponsorships.

For the bottom end I say Livernois. JDM offers a 298 stroker kit as well. Lethal and Dagostino are ALWAYS on my top list for parts and I can't say anything bad about the Florida boys. JDM probably does the best Saleen tuning on the planet but I'm always suspicus of mail-order tunes. More so with FI tunes. I would put it on a dyno before and after just to make sure you aren't way lean or pig rich.
    Last edited by LSlayer; 03-18-08 at 11:11 PM.
    2006 Mustang GT Blk/Blk
    5-speed Mods..I need more