Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good AFR for NA motor?

why are you laughing at him? should i not listen? I am only experienced with turboed import tuning. I am assuming the tunes on the diablosport are made rich on purpose. i did a 3rd gear run and it does not pull timing at all.
    2005 GT Mustang 5 spd, Shaker 1000, Short Antenna, JBA Headers, JBA O/R X pipe, BBK TB 62mm, C&L CAI, Diablosport tune, BMR LC Arms, Pro 5.0 Shifter, ZEX Nitrous 125 Shot, 4.10s.Coming soon: cams or 5.4 swap

Quote Originally Posted by sesso View Post
    why are you laughing at him? should i not listen? I am only experienced with turboed import tuning. I am assuming the tunes on the diablosport are made rich on purpose. i did a 3rd gear run and it does not pull timing at all.
    I'm sorry man, but it was pretty funny.
    Come by the shop, ask for Wild Bill and I'll be more than happy to answer ANY questions you have. That's where I'm building my Turbo 03 Mach1.
    Performance Solutions
    1434 North 26th Ave.
    Phoenix AZ, 85009

(602) 269-8955
    Mon-Fri 9:00-6:00

Quote Originally Posted by 2ND2NUNN View Post
    ..+1
    OK Wild Bill; # 1 What's so damn funny, about my reply to his question about his A.F.R.? #2 If your last name is not DEVINE, where does the Wild Bill name come from? Last time I heard, my cousin was running in the 6's, now that is 2nd2nun. I don't want to set him in the wrong direction, with his A.F.R. I don't use Diablo Sport, I've used SCT for years probably since David started the business. Or was it the Denso's that got you laughing? If your tuning on a dyno, you know as well as I do it's only a close starting point. The only true and proven tune, is on the track. There is a lot more to A.F.R. then meets the eye. I think you know that. The reason I asked about the last name, I have a cousin that runs in NMRA PRO 5.0 Division, Mike Devine ( ITLRUN ).

Quote Originally Posted by sesso View Post
    Hey Sesso; If you don't have a wide band, I have a formula here somewhere you can use to get your A.F.R. I'll check my records for it, if I can find it I'll post it for you. As long as you have something to datalog with, you'll be fine. If I can't find it, I'll check with my buddy Dez, from Dez Racing. ITLRUN.

Quote Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
    OK Wild Bill; # 1 What's so damn funny, about my reply to his question about his A.F.R.? #2 If your last name is not DEVINE, where does the Wild Bill name come from? Last time I heard, my cousin was running in the 6's, now that is 2nd2nun. I don't want to set him in the wrong direction, with his A.F.R. I don't use Diablo Sport, I've used SCT for years probably since David started the business. Or was it the Denso's that got you laughing? If your tuning on a dyno, you know as well as I do it's only a close starting point. The only true and proven tune, is on the track. There is a lot more to A.F.R. then meets the eye. I think you know that. The reason I asked about the last name, I have a cousin that runs in NMRA PRO 5.0 Division, Mike Devine ( ITLRUN ).
    I'm sorry Sir. I'm not going to get into a pizzing contest here, but YOU are NOT those people and you said some VERY incorrect things in your post. I've tuned quite a few cars and I'm the only one to tune MY car and she holds a few Mach1 records and will make a few more in the next month or so with the stock computer..........can you say 8s?

BTW........I know Steve Petty!

simmer down people..... just take the car to a Dyno tune shop they will help you sort it all out

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    I'm sorry Sir. I'm not going to get into a pizzing contest here, but YOU are NOT those people and you said some VERY incorrect things in your post. I've tuned quite a few cars and I'm the only one to tune MY car and she holds a few Mach1 records and will make a few more in the next month or so with the stock computer..........can you say 8s?

BTW........I know Steve Petty!
    I'm not here to get in a pizzing contest either. So who is it you think I'm not. And can I say 8's, sure, said that a long time ago. I'm retired these days, and not by choice. I became disabled, in 1999. After 11 back surgeries, yeah you can say it's permanent. These days if I'm having a good day, I still play with them. I'm trying to get my 89 Notch street legal again, where I'm from their still testing emissions on the OBD-1 cars until August of this year. They couldn't do things right, and stop testing them in January 08. If they did, it would be done now. Weight: 2986/w my 205lb. a$$ in the seat, all forged internals, custom ground solid roller camshaft .620 lift, Trick Flow Track Heat upper and lower intake w/1 inch phenolic spacer, Trick Flow Track Heat Aluminum heads w/1.7 roller rockers by Lunati, and ARP Studs, Accufab 75mm throttle body, Pro-M Mass Air Pro Flow w/Pro-M MAF Meter, calibrated for 30lb. injectors, Complete ARP fasteners, TKO/600 Tremec trans. aluminum driveshaft, Strange 31 spline axles, Auburn Gear Limited Slip, 8.8" rear, Weld Racing 90 series Draglite, 15X5 up front, and 15X10 out back. Just a few bolt-ons, and N/A. ( ITLRUN ) As for my cousin Bill, I haven't spoke to him in years. I hear more about him, through my buddy Mike Dezotel when he's at the track. My track days are all over, I just pulled this one back out, to mess with the kids on the ave. w/their STI's and EVO's, and what ever else their driving these days. Mike D. Oh yeah sorry almost forgot, your right I'm not those people, I'm just one person.
    Last edited by ITLRUN; 02-29-08 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Forgot about those people.