Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My GT 500 at Sunset

another way to do hdr is use shutter settings instead of exposure. Friend back home told me to do it that way instead but have yet to try it

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorfoxy View Post
    I figured it was, very nice. I have yet to try any HDR shots but they are soon to come as soon as I get a little bit of time to mess with it. Great shot! I heard Photomatix is one of the better programs for it, how easy is it to use? I just put CS3 on my desktop a couple weeks ago but have yet to even open it and mess with anything with how busy I've been. CS3 is supposed to have an HDR option so I may be playing around with it soon.
    I read a very detailed article on Photomatix vs. CS3 for HDR work, I will see if I can dig that up for you. Bottom line is I use photomatix for the merging of the selected exposures, than CS3 to further edit and sharpen. One thing to note is the pic is pretty noisy, I haven't converted my noise ninja license from PC to Mac yet.
    -Craig-
    08 GT 500 white w/blue stripes

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus46gt View Post
    another way to do hdr is use shutter settings instead of exposure. Friend back home told me to do it that way instead but have yet to try it
    I think what you are trying to say is shutter adjustment vs. f/stop. And yes your friend is correct, if you adjust the f/stop the depth of field changes on each exposure which would hurt the overall detail of the final pic.

The key is to use a good tripod and adjust the shutter speed for the desired image exposure.
    -Craig-
    08 GT 500 white w/blue stripes

Quote Originally Posted by CDW63 View Post
    I read a very detailed article on Photomatix vs. CS3 for HDR work, I will see if I can dig that up for you. Bottom line is I use photomatix for the merging of the selected exposures, than CS3 to further edit and sharpen. One thing to note is the pic is pretty noisy, I haven't converted my noise ninja license from PC to Mac yet.
    Ah thanks, I would be interested in reading that one for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by CDW63 View Post
    I think what you are trying to say is shutter adjustment vs. f/stop. And yes your friend is correct, if you adjust the f/stop the depth of field changes on each exposure which would hurt the overall detail of the final pic.

The key is to use a good tripod and adjust the shutter speed for the desired image exposure.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking when I was reading about it... I think when I try my first ones I'll stick with using the shutter speed instead of the f/stop because of the depth of field change. Exposure changes shouldn't be a problem since you gotta use a tripod to get the shots anyway. Besides, that's what makes me love the wireless remote I've got for m camera.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."