Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBK Cold Air intake and NO TUNE

Gold Award 
    By the way I may get a tune on the car. If I do get a tune I want to wait for the warranty to expire first. That is why I went this direction for now.

Thank you for the input and the postings I appreciate the response back.
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

So youre telling me that Roush is selling cars to dealers to sell new that arent tuned right?

Gold Award 
    No that is not what I meant in that statement. I actually was bringing up a point. Here is what I meant: I was told by someone that the Roush Stage 1 and possibly the Stage 2 (NON-Supercharged) has a Roush air intake on the car. That person told me that those cars do not require a tune in order for the system to function properly. This person was a reliable source.

I would never say that Roush would supply a dealer with an improperly tuned car. I am a Jack Roush fan and believe that his organization is top notch.

But I have never wanted to argue about this point. I am just looking for answers to unsolved questions is all.
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

Gold Award 
    But the last posting actually would prove a point if what the person (The reliable source) told me was true. If Roush supplies dealers with car's that do not require a tune for Stage 1 and Stage 2 that have air intakes than some and I want to repeat SOME air intakes may not require a tune.

Thanks Ethan for the posting you guys are great down there at Stage 3 and that is why I use you guys for parts and for advise.

Gold Award 

Question

Well thanks to everyone that posted on this post. It really has helped me consider several things and that is what these discussions are all about. There was some great input here and I appreciate that. I have found out that there are many opinions about what does and what does not require a tune. I found a Mustang forum that a guy had done some research on this issue (which I guess I am not the first to wonder about it) and he gives a pretty good list of parts. He details what the parts are and describes why or why not they may need to have a tune if used on your car. Here is the link and I hope it helps out any one that may wonder as I did. Again thanks to everyone for your help.

http://mustangforums.com/m_4578884/tm.htm

Good Luck!

I am not saying that you are going to damage your engine, I am saying that things are not 100% right though when installing the BBK intake but not tuning for it.

Tuning a car does not void the warranty, so I would not be concerned.

The roush intake, made by air-raid, has an insert that makes the intake more restrictive and places the MAF sensor in a smaller housing, so a tune is not required. I've picked up 5rwhp from removing this piece and tuning the vehicle properly.

Roush stg 1s and 2s come with a performance tune, much like the non-supercharged saleens.

Gold Award 
    Thank you for your comments! Very good information. Would you know of a good no a great Tuner in the Phoeonix area??? If I am not mistaken you are in Florida? I would be willing to spend the money now that I know more than I did before. But I do not want to go to a fly by night tuner. I have heard some crazy stories.

Performance Solutions Racing (PSR) did my tune and I'm very happy with it. They've also done quite a few cars on this board.

They're in Phoenix on 26th Ave, just south of McDowell.
    -- 06 GT --
    2006 Mustang GT Premium M5 Tungsten Gray
    300 RWHP / 313 RWTQ

Gold Award 
    +1 for PSR. They do a great job....

maddme
    Ya need to listen to Justin. He's one of the best tuners on the east coast...BAR NONE.

Call up PSR and Devin will fix you up with a great tune.
    602-269-8955