Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 89 Notch Emissions issue

Quote Originally Posted by 93mustank View Post
    Think you can pass without all of that.... Just pretend everything is hooked up before you go and let it hang..... let the tubes for behind the heads hang or just bolt them on...
    There's nothing to bolt them to. Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Track Heat Heads, don't have the holes on the back of the heads like regular Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads have. Trick Flow Track Heat upper and lower intake, with 1 inch phenolic spacer, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Track Heat aluminum heads, custom ground solid roller cam, Pro M MAF with cold air kit, calibrated for 30lb. injectors, etc. etc. 3028lbs. with my 205lb. a$$, anymore. You know I can't give away all my secrets, well one more Cervini 4" cowl hood and Cervini deck lid. Mike, ITLRUN

Platinum Award 
    Ok, reading this I think what your saying is.. Will it pass without the airpump being hooked up and trying to push fresh air into the cats to dilute the mix and fool the sniffer. How tough of a place is it where you get the test done. If it looks heavily modded they might start snooping around abit but I'm not familiar with Mass emisions.
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Ok, reading this I think what your saying is.. Will it pass without the airpump being hooked up and trying to push fresh air into the cats to dilute the mix and fool the sniffer. How tough of a place is it where you get the test done. If it looks heavily modded they might start snooping around abit but I'm not familiar with Mass emisions.
    Pretty much so, and as far as where I go for my sticker, I've known the guy since he was a kid. His father was a friend of mine, may he rest in peace. And as how heavily modded it is, he knows every car I own is heavily modded. In Mass. it's not just the sniffer, it goes on a set of rollers and you have up to six hills to climb and if you can't do it in six they slap a big black rejection sticker on it, then they'll give you up to sixty days to get it fixed. But I think it will pass, a guy I know told me a way to get it complete, he's got six fox bodies so I think we have it down to a science. In August of this year, the state of Mass. is going to exempt OBD1 cars from emissions testing, can't wait. Thanks, Mike ITLRUN.

Haha well when pulling out my tranny to get rebuilt a little bit ago we cut the air tube off going to the exhaust and plugged it. I plan on removing the whole damn pump soon and getting a smaller belt to bypass it but haven't gotten around to it yet.... though I'm registered in TX with no emmissions and even up here in Prescott I wouldn't have to pass emmissions either lol
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

I've passed phoenix emissions with out it hooked up. Just made it look like it was all hooked up.

I've passed phoenix emissions with out it hooked up. Just made it look like it was all hooked up.
    Well come August, I won't have to pass emissions anymore. They're going to do away with testing emissions on OBD1 cars, then it all comes off and a single pulley will take its place. That will be the time when one of those young kids pulls up along side at a traffic light, and says check out the old dude in the notch. That's when I get to have fun and scrape the rear bumper cover on the pavement, and look over at the next light and say smoked your ass, didn't I. ITLRUN

lol....dont get next to me then ....

Dont put an eliminator pully in place of the smog pump. Just run a different belt routing.
    If your crazy enough just run no ac and power steering too :)

lol....dont get next to me then ....

Dont put an eliminator pully in place of the smog pump. Just run a different belt routing.
    If your crazy enough just run no ac and power steering too :)
    I'm running no A.C. now, all I would have to do is remove the air pump. Any particular reason why you advise not running the air pump eliminator pulley? By the way the belt you have on now looks new, I hate to be the one to tell you this but it's the wrong size. Check the tab on your tensioner, it should be sitting right in the middle. Where it sits now, is telling you it needs to be replaced, it's right against the stop, ITLRUN.
    Last edited by ITLRUN; 02-15-08 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Forgot last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by 4doorfoxy View Post
    Haha well when pulling out my tranny to get rebuilt a little bit ago we cut the air tube off going to the exhaust and plugged it. I plan on removing the whole damn pump soon and getting a smaller belt to bypass it but haven't gotten around to it yet.... though I'm registered in TX with no emmissions and even up here in Prescott I wouldn't have to pass emmissions either lol
    I like the definition of understeer, oversteer, horsepower,and torque, that's a good one, I'll have to remember that one, ITLRUN.

Quote Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
    I like the definition of understeer, oversteer, horsepower,and torque, that's a good one, I'll have to remember that one, ITLRUN.
    Haha thanks, I thought it was pretty good myself.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."