Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shelby GTs & BULLITT F/S No Mark Up!

I think we've gotten off topic....

But I need to understand your math so this is my last reply on the off topic discussion. Your best is a 10.62. You say I'm ten lengths behind you with a 3.4 Whipple. Ten lengths is approximately one second in the 1/4-mile. That results in an 11.62. I can run high-12's bone stock. That would be with 440 rwhp which is what the '08s are dynoing stock ('07s are 410-415 rwhp). Every second off the E/T equals ~100 rwhp. So... in order to run an 11.62 from, say, a 12.80 stock, I would need 120rwhp more or 560rwhp. This would be to run ten lengths slower than you. 560rwhp can be easily obtained on my car with a 2.6" pulley on the otherwise stock Eaton, CAI and a tune (I tune my own cars.). So, hypothetically, I need another ten lengths or 100 rwhp to run even with you. That would be 660 rwhp. Add the 3.4. Evo Perf has dynoed a 3.4 Whipple with 17-psig boost on pump gas + Torco. Result: 752 rwhp / 720 rwtq. Use race fuel: Can you say 827 / 838....!!I think I've got you in terms of power. I won't go into weight, suspension, gearing, etc..... too many variables, so I'm going to end this right now. Laters!

Willie

Gold Award 
    Yeah, I never buy new either.. Let someone else take the big hit in depreciation and i'll slide in one or two years after and get a deal. Remember, that new car is only new for a few months til the high wears off....but you still have those new car payments for a long time after.

I also heard on the radio over the weekend Mel Clayton Ford had 40% off Fords... yeah right...

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    I think we've gotten off topic....

But I need to understand your math so this is my last reply on the off topic discussion. Your best is a 10.62. You say I'm ten lengths behind you with a 3.4 Whipple. Ten lengths is approximately one second in the 1/4-mile. That results in an 11.62. I can run high-12's bone stock. That would be with 440 rwhp which is what the '08s are dynoing stock ('07s are 410-415 rwhp). Every second off the E/T equals ~100 rwhp. So... in order to run an 11.62 from, say, a 12.80 stock, I would need 120rwhp more or 560rwhp. This would be to run ten lengths slower than you. 560rwhp can be easily obtained on my car with a 2.6" pulley on the otherwise stock Eaton, CAI and a tune (I tune my own cars.). So, hypothetically, I need another ten lengths or 100 rwhp to run even with you. That would be 660 rwhp. Add the 3.4. Evo Perf has dynoed a 3.4 Whipple with 17-psig boost on pump gas + Torco. Result: 752 rwhp / 720 rwtq. Use race fuel: Can you say 827 / 838....!!I think I've got you in terms of power. I won't go into weight, suspension, gearing, etc..... too many variables, so I'm going to end this right now. Laters!

Willie
    I'm just playing around Willie. If you get the blower I will more than gladly line up against you. I don't get into all the Dyno numbers. They don't mean anything. I live for the Timeslip. My 10.62 was just a shakedown run that broke some expensive drivetrain parts. When I get things dialied in look for a low 10.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    The time slips do tell the tail that is the truth. I would be lucky to break into the 13's My modified GT/CS may if I am lucky do 14.1 and it's an auto car. But you never know until you run them huh?
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

Gold Award 
    wow, i wanna race too!!!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile