Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: clutch opinion

like i said your leg will be tired after 20 miles of driving with the mcloed. but it doesnt slip on a 150 shot out of the gates.....im sure i will blow the tranny before the clutch lets go.

i have the ram street dual 300 series. it is great, lighter than stcok on the pedal and grabs nicely. I am currently runnin 822 ft lbs of rwtq and it has not slipped at all. it is expensive but you get what you pay for.

2003 10th
    turbo in progress!

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by About2Bite View Post
    I just ordered a Zoom ZVT clutch today through Ethan at Stage 3. I will say that I loved the way my CF Dual Friction clutch felt/drove, but it just won't hold the power. If you plan on going twin screw and hitting ~600 rwhp you may want to look into something else. Many have good luck with the Spec 3+ I just wanted to give the Zoom a try since i've heard good things about it, it's a very reasonably priced clutch too. I'd look into a 26 spline input shaft as well, the LDC freeplay kit and a head cooling mod wouldn't be a bad addition either.

Josh
    you get that twin disc put in yet? how's it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by chewbaccajones View Post
    you get that twin disc put in yet? how's it feel?
    Yeah, it's a single disc though. It is Zooms ZVT line of clutches, the stage 3 clutch kit. I like it, the chatter is almost gone. I'm still breaking it in, seems like i've been breaking it in forever, i'm almost there though. It should be broken in by next week. I'm sure it'll hold the power, we will see.

The pedal feel is light, lighter than the Spec 3+ and the Centerforce Dual Friction. The clutch also engages well and is nice on the street, similar to my Dual Friction.

Josh
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL