Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nos on a 03 cobra

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    upper and lower with no fuel system upgrades? ouch. i think your on borrowed time doing that....
    Without a doubt!

Gold Award 
    Id bet there is water in the line and or bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Id bet there is water in the line and or bottle.
    Never heard of that. I guess it could happen over time when filling improperly or leaving the valve open after draining the bottle. If he's worried about that, just put the bottle on a vacuum pump.

Sounds like his Nitrous 'noid isn't opening for some reason. Doesn't make an dam bit of sense working on the street and not on the strip.

Only thing I can come up with is he has a short somewhere. He's NOT gonna pull the same Gs on the street(from a roll or just no traction) as he would at the track. That means the wire could move back and short out at the track, but not onthe street. Stuff happens!

the fuel system could be the problem.i have been thinkn about 60# injecters and a bap anyway.it kind of does act like you are runnin out of fuel.without the nos on the dyno here it done 495 hp and 535 torque. never done it on the nos.i am gettin ready to install a new clutch this week also.i am gonna try the centerforce dual friction.i guess i need to do some fuel system upgrading to.thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by joesredsnake View Post
    the fuel system could be the problem.i have been thinkn about 60# injecters and a bap anyway.it kind of does act like you are runnin out of fuel.without the nos on the dyno here it done 495 hp and 535 torque. never done it on the nos.i am gettin ready to install a new clutch this week also.i am gonna try the centerforce dual friction.i guess i need to do some fuel system upgrading to.thanks for the suggestions.
    Joe
    That doesn't make any kind of sense. If anything, it should be the opposite! You've got problems elsewhere. What do your datalogs show on both kinds of runs? Your tuner should have this info.

Just get a pair of GT(SuperCar) fuel pumps and upgrade your FPDM, if you want to upgrade your fuel system.

If you drag race, don't get the Centerforce DF. When you sit at the line staged and bring the engine up to launch rpms, the dang clutch makes the car creep! The single disc Ram is a great option.