Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nos on a 03 cobra

Question nos on a 03 cobra

i have installed the 125 shot nos specific for 03 04 cobras.Only been able to try it at the track one time and it did not work well at all.When i ran the nos the car ran slower than off the nos.It seemed to spit and backfire.I called nos tech and they were nohelp at all.Anyone running nos on a cobra have any experience with this?

Platinum Award 
    is it tuned for it?
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

jdm made the tune for the nos & street & race tunes.It works if i use it on the street and am not changing gears.when racing it goes crazy when you shift.

Quote Originally Posted by joesredsnake View Post
    jdm made the tune for the nos & street & race tunes.It works if i use it on the street and am not changing gears.when racing it goes crazy when you shift.
    is it a wet or a dry shot???

whats done to the fuel system? bap, pump etc. Also does the car have a stock eaton, ported, whipple,kb?

Platinum Award 
    if im not mistaken the NOS brand kit for the terminators is a wet kit, dunno if they make a dry kit or not
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Jdm Wow

I can not believe JDM has customers from Tennesse. They are expensive but seem to know what there doing.

It is a wet shot.The system is from nos and is specific for 03-04 cobras.My fuel system is stock.I've done upper & lower pulleys,magnaflow catback,sct tuner by jdm,k&n cold air,sct mass air,accufab throttle body [single blade],larger heat exchanger,sub frame connectors,pro 5.0 shifter & an slp line lock.

Quote Originally Posted by joesredsnake View Post
    It is a wet shot.The system is from nos and is specific for 03-04 cobras.My fuel system is stock.I've done upper & lower pulleys,magnaflow catback,sct tuner by jdm,k&n cold air,sct mass air,accufab throttle body [single blade],larger heat exchanger,sub frame connectors,pro 5.0 shifter & an slp line lock.
    you have all of that and a 125 hot with no BAP...your probably running it lean on the shot...figure your making 460/480rwhp depending on pulley combo's and a 125 shot on that...prob about 575rwhp and 600+rwtq...lol...cmon man...most of these car are pushing the fuel system limits at 500-510rwhp. I have a BAP at 30 percent on a 100 shot on a stock system and am close to macing out the pumps.

drop the shot to a 50 or gt a BAP. even then (i think) your still pushing it...most people upgrade to 60# injectors when pushing the stock parts that much
    Jake
    Silver '03 Cobra Coupe Auto
    9.82 @ 135 w/ a 1.35 - NO Nitrous!

9.50 @ 139 w/ a 1.30 - Nitrous

**Click here for all my video's!!!**

Gold Award 
    upper and lower with no fuel system upgrades? ouch. i think your on borrowed time doing that....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile