Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 05+ GT's look in here

Platinum Award 
    numerous? ill just wait for the dyno sheets, before and after only.
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Platinum Award 
    he just dropped his time tonight by .22 with the only change being the long tubes. slower 60' too, which means there is more in it.

12.79 @ 105/106
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

I agree when N/A , long tubes are not that practical, I should have waited for mine, I picked up 8 RWHP and 9 RWTQ, actual dyno #s, with X-pipe and LT header install, but it all cost me like 1300 !!! I think the benefit will be when i get a blower, I got the 1 3/4" primaries , better for FI, if I was going to no do a power adder I would have got the 1 5/8".

All I know is my exhaust sounds perfect with this set-up and everyone tells me I have the best exhaust sound , doesn't help you down the track faster but its still nice !!! LMAO
    2006 GT - AUTO
    3.73 FRPP Gears
    C&L Racer Intake
    SLP LT Headers, X-pipe w/ hiflo cats
    MAC axle back exhaust
    Granatelli UCA/LCAs
    M/T ET Drag Radials

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by desslok40 View Post
    I agree when N/A , long tubes are not that practical, I should have waited for mine, I picked up 8 RWHP and 9 RWTQ, actual dyno #s, with X-pipe and LT header install, but it all cost me like 1300 !!! I think the benefit will be when i get a blower, I got the 1 3/4" primaries , better for FI, if I was going to no do a power adder I would have got the 1 5/8".

All I know is my exhaust sounds perfect with this set-up and everyone tells me I have the best exhaust sound , doesn't help you down the track faster but its still nice !!! LMAO

sure helped my friends car a lot. and hes still running cats. we are thinkin the next time we go out we will not run cats, and then try to get a 1.700 or lower 60' and attempt a 12.5x
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

I definitely do contribute a couple tenths to those headers, but i chose to stick with 1 5/8 primaries, because I saw no benefit having the 1 3/4 FI or NA. I did switch from a bama to brenspeed tune and that could be the factor. I think with the right mods, LTs are great for these cars and cant wait to get a custom tune for myself

Fazm thinks hes gonna be driving but we'll see about that haha
    07 S197 GT
    12.797 @ 105.74

Platinum Award 
    member for 2 months and u finally make ur first post lol
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

haha i know it, i'll start dropping by here more often.
    07 S197 GT
    12.797 @ 105.74

The Nunn's
    Quote Originally Posted by acstone7 View Post
    I definitely do contribute a couple tenths to those headers, but i chose to stick with 1 5/8 primaries, because I saw no benefit having the 1 3/4 FI or NA. I did switch from a bama to brenspeed tune and that could be the factor. I think with the right mods, LTs are great for these cars and cant wait to get a custom tune for myself

Fazm thinks hes gonna be driving but we'll see about that haha
    So did u use fazm's slicks since u say that u achieved a 12.79 on only lts???

Wow, so u contribute the increase in HP to the LTs, not the change of tunes? So it has nothing to do with the tune? Then y in the world would u change tuners if ur not gonna see a HP change, seeing as its not a cheap task. Wait, did u even do a change in tunes, cuz david states in some posts that the only change to ur car was the LTs, yet in others, he states that there was a tune done at the same time. Doesn't that kinda make his point that LTs make a difference seem kinda invalid since he can't keep his story straight. Or am I wrong on that?? Also, most, if not all LTs require an additional installation of midpipes. Was this not included as part of ur new setup??? Unless of course u altered the stock midpipes.... U don't even have a clear idea of what u think the increase in HP comes from. U state that it has to do with the LTs but then state that it might also have to do with the new tune.

God I love nutswingers...

Btw what modifications do u have on that car to get an et of 12.79??? We know it has udps, LTs, and a tune....

So how much HP is ur 12.79 beast running? with LTs & tune {with the increase u previously mentioned} and udps, u should see about 285-290. I would really love to see the time slips...

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ND2NUNN View Post
    So did u use fazm's slicks since u say that u achieved a 12.79 on only lts???

Wow, so u contribute the increase in HP to the LTs, not the change of tunes? So it has nothing to do with the tune? Then y in the world would u change tuners if ur not gonna see a HP change, seeing as its not a cheap task. Wait, did u even do a change in tunes, cuz david states in some posts that the only change to ur car was the LTs, yet in others, he states that there was a tune done at the same time. Doesn't that kinda make his point that LTs make a difference seem kinda invalid since he can't keep his story straight. Or am I wrong on that?? Also, most, if not all LTs require an additional installation of midpipes. Was this not included as part of ur new setup??? Unless of course u altered the stock midpipes.... U don't even have a clear idea of what u think the increase in HP comes from. U state that it has to do with the LTs but then state that it might also have to do with the new tune.

God I love nutswingers...

Btw what modifications do u have on that car to get an et of 12.79??? We know it has udps, LTs, and a tune....

So how much HP is ur 12.79 beast running? with LTs & tune {with the increase u previously mentioned} and udps, u should see about 285-290. I would really love to see the time slips...
    first off, looks like he said "could" to me.

second off, its not my car, so you need to chill out. i had no idea he switched tunes. they are just mail order tunes anyway, nothing dyno tuned. so youd be lucky to change a couple hp from one to the other. not even sure if the tune was designed for the LT's or not, ill ask him

yes it came with a midpipe, and it has cats, his old setup did not have cats, had an offroad pipe.

mods:
    upd's
    delete plates
    intake
    long tubes
    catted H
    axle backs
    che fixed upper control arm
    bmr adjustable lower control arms
    brenspeed tune
    4.10s
    spydershaft

and yes he used my slicks (not real slicks anyway, mickey et streets)
    ran at 22psi in the tires, NOWHERE near taking advantage of the tires, you could probably 60' the same on street tires.

his 60' was 1.81 or so on that run.

EDIT: just checked, its not a custom tune for the lt's or anything, just a mail order from brenspeed
    Last edited by fazm; 01-19-08 at 10:10 PM.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

First off, 12.8X 100 shot no2 lmao

I did change from bamachips to brenspeed but had ventured to the track before the LT install. Ran a best of 13.059.

Fazm speaks nothing but the truth. Gaineed .22 or greater.
    07 S197 GT
    12.797 @ 105.74