Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 05+ GT's look in here

I hear ya on that, pretty expensive mod for marginal gains. I was just wondering, since you had all the other goodies. Any plans for FI in the future?
    07 S197 GT
    12.797 @ 105.74

Quote Originally Posted by acstone7 View Post
    I hear ya on that, pretty expensive mod for marginal gains. I was just wondering, since you had all the other goodies. Any plans for FI in the future?
    Don't know. I'm gunning for 11s this season with just the stock block and no power add, and if I make that, I was sort of thinking nitrous next. That's likely to get me under 11.50, and that means the NHRA rules kick in again, and I'll need a rollbar, etc. If the motor goes, I'm likely to go with a built engine. Then again, nitrous would put me in the territory that the Pinks All Out folks like, and since I'm in the New Jersey show in July, I may just do it to improve my chances.

I'd say I'm more likely to put a supercharger on my daily driver '97 than I am the '05. My son is getting more involved in racing now too, and I just may sponsor him in the '05 if it starts becoming more track car than street car. Just dunno...

John
    2005 Mustang GT - dragstrip and weekend cruiser
    1997 Mustang GT Convertible - daily driver
    12.67 @ 109mph, 348hp/332trq, NA with cams, bolt-ons

Pics/specs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455