Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: turbo dsg

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Stanger View Post
    Not trying to step on anyones' toes here:

I've seen more people show up, at the track, without a helmet. That's with them bringing something that has been reported in magazines to run quick enough to need a helmet, among other required safety equipment. If you build it to go that fast, you should be smart enough to research the rulebook and purchase the required safety equipment. Then, you can't get booted from the track. Working at Speedworld, Chris can back me up on that.

It's much cheaper if you should have a problem on the track, than having a problem street racing. $20 to race, or jail time. Seems like an easy choice to me.
    ill agree with yuh

I'm glad you will. I'd rather see the street racing wanna-bes go away from running up and down the main drag, near my house. It's pretty bad, when I get followed (in my notch/beater car), because it looks like a 5.0. And, a secluded road doesn't a dragstrip make. No safety, know hospital.

Wickd03, I'm not singling you out on this subject. It's for anyone that regularly participates in street racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Stanger View Post
    I'm glad you will. I'd rather see the street racing wanna-bes go away from running up and down the main drag, near my house. It's pretty bad, when I get followed (in my notch/beater car), because it looks like a 5.0. And, a secluded road doesn't a dragstrip make. No safety, know hospital.

Wickd03, I'm not singling you out on this subject. It's for anyone that regularly participates in street racing.
    no problem.. please don't get me wrong though. just because I am agreeing with you on the subject doesn't mean I will only race at the track. I am not a weekly street guy. I work a ton and Usually dont have time on the weekend to go out. I have had the car back for almost 3 weeks.. and I have gone out 1 friday night. But Like I said above I am not an IMPORT racer. I don't drive around racing everyone. You and I, as well as everyone else all know that ztreet racing is a big chance you have to want to take. Everyone is different. If you notice the people that cause all this Chaos and drama on the streets are IMPORTS like I said. And yes I wont single them just out. You do have your occasional Domestic that wants to does act like a moron. Back in the day. We never got bothered by the police.. it never was a big deal till that Damn fast and the furious bull crap.