Thread: my secret turbo project

Hybrid View

my secret turbo project

for now and the sake of my tranny, im just gonna run 9lbs of boost but when i have enough money to replace the tranny if it fails i will up the boost to 12lbs.

Dave will be able to describe the exhaust situation better than me but ill give it a shot. my exhaust setup will not work with this turbo kit, so dave rigged it up so that the y pipe comming from the down pipe is connected to my exhaust (yes its still dual) and the other part of the y pipe is open. yes thats right open down pipe exhaust. its basically like open headers, just not quite as loud but still pretty freeking loud. i hope i like the sound cause i cant afford new exhaust for months.

this is just phase one. phase two will hopefully happen between mid dec and early jan. i will be adding an 8.8 rear, with 3.31 gear ratio ( i like my gas mileage), also phase two will also include a ph drive shaft that flapjack is selling me, and the lca's and ucs that he also sold me. a hurst short throw shifter might happen but at this point im not sure. until i complete phase 2 and get a fire jacket and helmet, i will not be drag racing, unless someone lets me drive theire car lol. its gonna suck not racing for a while but hey i do have a turbo now to tide me over.

after phase two performance mods will be done for a while and ill start working on appearence. by may or early june i will fix the exhaust if i dont do it sooner, but it will be the cervini cseries side exhaust. as of right now thats is far as i have it planned out. we'll see how it all goes and if i get any curve balls thrown my way.

i would like to thank Lance for selling me the kit and talking to me on the phone about concerns and anything else reguarding the turbo. i want to thank Dave for giving me advise through out this entire project, and of course for instaling it. and i want to thank Mike(power house) for helping out by checking the turbo out and helping me out with anything i needed even though i didnt get it from u.

well i love the kit, its so powerful, though i blew my clutch on the dyno, so i cant really go above 3k, but im getting a new one installed next week, then a new dyno tune maybe, only if its needed or ill wait, my temp dyno numbers are 310 hp and 423 tq (to the wheels) with my failing clutch

Gold Award 
    sounds like fun! as you would expect us to ask....any pics?

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Platinum Award 
    Sounds cool....to bad the "secrets" of the kit arent revealed in the post so I wont ask any questions.

My turbo stang always ate clutches also.
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Platinum Award 
    same kit as mine, as i installed it :)
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
    Sounds cool....to bad the "secrets" of the kit arent revealed in the post so I wont ask any questions.

My turbo stang always ate clutches also.
    the secret was that i had been planning this for about
    months and i didnt tell anyone until it was installed

Gold Award 
    very nice!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile