Thread: Looking to add normally aspirated POWER

Looking to add normally aspirated POWER

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to HPS.
    I drive a 2005 Saleen, and I'm looking to add power, but I dont want to go turbo or sc.
    Air Filter, computer flash, throttle body, charge motion plates, and pulley, are what I'm thinking about.
    Any guesses what the output would jump by if it did all of these bolt ons?

I'd love some input, and if you know of a great performance shop in upper NY state or Michigan, please give me their name and number.

Once these are done, I'll look at and aluminum drive shaft and 4.10 gears.

The past few years Ford has done a real good job of giving us the most bag for the fewest bucks. You will see some power increases but it gets costly, when you choise to remain normally aspirated (I feel the same way!).

If you are not happy with the sound of your Saleen I would go with an Edlebrock axle-back exhaust. Saleen put them on the Parnelli Jones edition Cars, gave them a real mean sounding exhaust note!! The Ford power pack wth the cold air induction kit, and chip, with a tune, would be a good complement to the axle-back. Really the easiest, funest, improvement is an aftermarket shifter, assuming you have a manual transmission.

The Nunn's
    if ur thinking naturally aspirated I would go with tune and intake kit. That's going to be the best possible outcomes. You're looking to gain 25-30 HP from that with noticable throttle response. I wouldn't go with throttle body or driveshaft since they are still having problems with them and pulleys don't add but a couple HP. U could also replace the midpipe, there's noticable increase in HP with that set-up. The 4.10 gears will hurt ur top speed a little bit but will help you launch and u'll see a better ET when track racing.

morgan

Saleen did a fantastic job with their exhaust. Its a dual system with dump valves that growls, spits and barks, and I simply love the sound! Get the revs up and its AWESOME.....not to mention the very unique centre exit point. The car has one of the best looking rear ends I've ever seen.....(hope my wife's not a member of HPS!!)

Still looking for input everyone. Please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen 2005#14c View Post
    Still looking for input everyone. Please reply.
    Get the 4.10s and a nice drag radial first. You will be happy.

Fuel Additive tried and proven

HI, ever heard of Toluene? Its a common industrial chemical much like acetone and is used in industrial printing presses. Its also the best and cheapest form of potently boosting your fuel octane level.

I usually run 1 gallon of Toluene to every five gallons of Gas in a Turbo Charged Nissan SR 20 DET @ 22 psi. I get 400 BHP just by adding the Toluene mix, the car ran consistently on the dyno at 380 BHP until I introduced the Toluene.

The Toluene causes the fuel/air mixture to burn far more quickly and at an increased temperature range, approximately 25 degrees hotter, therefore the combustion explosion produces more energy per cc delivered. I re-mapped the ECU and swapped in 650cc injectors to compensate for the incresed cylinder temps.

Obviously, there is the naturally aspirated over the Turbo Charged issue here, but you should be running a far higher compression ratio than a Turbo Charged engine so your benefits should be far more impressive. try it.

There are no concerns about fuel pump components or gasket failures with this mix. I have used it in circuit racing for 20 years now and no one ever has reported to me that their pumps, injectors or carb gaskets were adversely affected.

Never tried it on a Stang but I bet it would be a Hoot.