Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 foot time

Question 60 foot time

I need some suggestions on how to get a better 60 foot time. I have a 1988 GT with a 600HP 347 that runs 10.62 best time at 128 MPH !/4 mile. I am happy but I was told my 1.56 60 ft time had room for improvement, but not sure what to do. I have a 4500 stall with a c-4 manual valve body, 3.55 gears, 9" slicks, great weight transfer, it pulls the front wheels. Any ideas please fire away. Thanks Ron

What is your suspension setup?
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

60 ft time

I have Eibach drag springs on all fours, 70/ 30 fornt shocks, after market upper and lower rear control arms with nylon bushings,and a right rear air lift bag, weld in sub frame connecters. I think the rear shocks are stock. Ron

A stiffer control arm bushing will reduce deflection. I have solid / spherical bushings at all points. Pinion Angle is another factor. Does you car twist on launch? An anti roll bar will also allow the tires to plant evenly.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

60 ft time

The car does come up higher on the left front, so yes it is twisting. I was wondering if 50/50 rear shocks and an antiroll bar might work. You also mentioned pinion angle, I don't have adjustable control arms. Ron

Eliminating deflection and twisting will help. You are putting down a good amount of power to a light car. I would estimate that 1.3's are not out of the question with a good setup. I run the Tokico shocks in the rear. Pinion angle is important also, but you would need to upgrade the control arms to make it optimum.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

60 ft time

Do you suggest that I run adjustable upper control arms or upper and lower both? Also are your Tokico shocks adjustable? Do you have any suggestions for what brand antiroll bar to buy? I am curious does your Cobra have a straight rear end in stead of the IRS? Also how much HP is your car making. Ron

Quote Originally Posted by THREEBLOWNGTS View Post
    Do you suggest that I run adjustable upper control arms or upper and lower both? Also are your Tokico shocks adjustable? Do you have any suggestions for what brand antiroll bar to buy? I am curious does your Cobra have a straight rear end in stead of the IRS? Also how much HP is your car making. Ron
    The Tokicos are adjustable.

I have a new solid axle in my car that is still work in progress. Car is probably 630+ on the race tune.

I use steeda weigh jacker lowers with delrum bushings on the chassis side / spherical on the axle side.

Steeda also make a hardcore lower control arm if adjustable ride height is not something you want.

I use steeda double adjustable uppers with spherical bushings on both sides.

Housing Bushings.

Pinion angle is set at -2.

I am still waiting for my Miller Race Cars Anti Roll Bar which can be used with tail pipes.
    http://www.millerracecars.net/antiroll.html

Do you run tail pipes or dumps on the car? Steeda has a new anti-roll bar that works with tail pipes also.

If you need anything check with our sponsors they can take care of your parts needs.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Good reading on the physics of launching.

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/i...A_Drag_Car.htm
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Street Car?
    What Power Adder?
    Leaving on the Brake?
    Vehicle Weight?
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org