Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on exhaust.

The SLP LM1s sound good on blower cars but they do tend to be raspy in N/A cars IMO.

And yes Big T your cobra does sound sweet!

Check with Ethan at Stage 3 Motorsports, He had an SLP loudmouth system on his Orange Mach that gave Him Migrane headaches due to resonating. I have a full Magnaflow system on my Mach, might be a bit quieter than other systems but, it has real nice, deep tone.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    The SLP LM1s sound good on blower cars but they do tend to be raspy in N/A cars IMO.
    yea...guess that might make a difference...i'll shut up now.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Well I Guess I'll tell the guy I'll pass and keep looking. Torchmach do you have a clip of your exhaust?
    Just another stock Mach.

Silver Award 
    So far my favorite exhaust set ups on the mach 1's have been Magnaflow and Mac. I went with the full SS Mac set up and have been loving it except it takes a lot of adjusting to get things lined up all correctly when compared to other setups I have installed for others. I will say that SLP setup I helped install on a buddies Orange GT was like butter, very easy to install.

Do you happen have a clip?
    Just another stock Mach.

Silver Award 
    I will snag my cam from my buddy and get you one by Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abyss View Post
    Well I Guess I'll tell the guy I'll pass and keep looking. Torchmach do you have a clip of your exhaust?
    Sorry, no Clips. You really don't get a true reproduction of the sound any way. My suggestion would be to ask around, see what other have on their Cars, and take a listen. The Magnaflow system is high quality stainless Steel (they even polish the mufflers!), made to last. The Borla, and Bassani Systems are right up there too. Flowmaster would be on the next level down, they have been resting on their reputation, and the other 3 have caught up ,and passed them.

Silver Award 
    Here it is as promised, I kept the camera away from the car so you don't get as much distortion of the sound as you typically see on most people's clips. I could do more I suppose if you'd like, but this gives you an idea of what it's like. I like the sound of my SS Mac catback, but I will say that getting it to fit well takes a little bit more finess than say an SLP setup (Which stands for Sounds like **** when installed on a mach 1)

http://www.youtube.com/v/HF-aN9ztMU4&rel

Sounds good! I was thinking of doing from the headers back. Is it worth it to do cat backs or should I save my pennies and just do the whole thing?
    Just another stock Mach.