Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAS help

It is a Ford Racing brand. I guess I need to find a place to get it calibrated? I am new at all this so I am sorry if I ask a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JE's00GT View Post
    It is a Ford Racing brand. I guess I need to find a place to get it calibrated? I am new at all this so I am sorry if I ask a lot of questions.
    Do you have a link to what you purchased. I don't see a ford racing MAF for a 2000 GT on the Ford Racing Site.

If the sensor has different electronics than stock your cars tune needs to be adjusted for the new sensor.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

It is for a 2001-2004 ford lightning. I got it cheap brand new and figured I could make it work. How and where might I get adjustments done? I do appreciate your help.

It is for a 2001-2004 ford lightning. I got it cheap brand new and figured I could make it work. How and where might I get adjustments done? I do appreciate your help.
    Ok you will need to have the car taken to a dyno and tuned.

On a fairly stock 00 GT this is a waste of money. I would just stick with the Cold air intake and stock MAF meter.

The only reason to go to a larger MAF meter is due to your current meter pegging. The meters reads 0-5 volts. When you reach 5 volts you are considered pegged. That means if you car has the ability to flow more air the computer will not be able to read it as the meter is at its max reading.

Unless you are moving a ton of air you better off spending the money on other mods.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Thanks Jeff. Have any mods in mind that would make a difference without a huge amount of money? I do plan in the future for a supercharger and all that but right now im taking it slow. I have flowmaster exhaust, Cold air, Pro 5.0 shifter, tuner and im sure more i can't think of right now. But really thanks for your help. I will put that MAS away for maybe something in the future.

Do you have gears yet?
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Not yet. I was actually thinking about that next. I think I might go to 3.73 gears. I still need some good gas mileage. I have asked around and most suggest 3.73

Not yet. I was actually thinking about that next. I think I might go to 3.73 gears. I still need some good gas mileage. I have asked around and most suggest 3.73
    Yes that would be a good gear for you. It will really wake the car up and utilize your current power much better.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Do you have a suggestion on what brand gears would be best? Or

Get the Ford Racing Gears.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5