Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you shine up your cars paint??

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    Thanks Guys!!!! I did the same thing as he did with the sponge. i was happy i got 40 year old marks of the car but now i have swirls
    What product did you use to get the marks out?

If the product you used left "micro marring" then use a milder product to remove the micro marring left by the more aggressive product.

For example you could remove the deeper defects with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, then follow that up with ScratchX to remove the micro marring left by Ultimate Compound, then use SwirlX to remove the Scratch Micro marring if there was any left.

In my experience Technique makes a *huge* difference in the results you can achieve, so be sure to follow the directions and use even pressure on foam pads. Don't be afraid to use a little "passion" but don't apply all of your pressure using your finger tips.

If you have access to a DA polisher you can make short work of the swirls with a little practice
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"

lol no product and this was about 4years ago. but i used the green side of a sponge....:( And wow that you SO much. Ill be reffering back to this. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    lol no product and this was about 4years ago. but i used the green side of a sponge....:( And wow that you SO much. Ill be reffering back to this. Thanks for the tip!
    Let me know if you need a hand, I'm always open to helping out a fellow classic 'stanger :D
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"

Yeah Ill let u know! i am going to try out some stuff and if not ill let u know ;) thanks!!!