Thread: cat back exhaust

Hybrid View

cat back exhaust

i want to install a cat back system ive looked and there are alot, i commute to work in this car on the highway 60km i want to have a nice rumble but i do not want any drone on the highway from the exhaust can any of you point me in the right direction?
    thanks in advance
    07gt
    steeda/cia and steedatune

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    i want to install a cat back system ive looked and there are alot, i commute to work in this car on the highway 60km i want to have a nice rumble but i do not want any drone on the highway from the exhaust can any of you point me in the right direction?
    thanks in advance
    07gt
    From what I've read on countless threads on other forums is that Corsa is the only one out there that GUARANTEES no drone at 1800-2000rpm. Their axleback is on the expensive side, but if my machine was a daily driver, I'd go that route. With that being said, I love my Macs, which drone like mad but have an awesome loud sound. But I only drive it to cruises or the racetrack...

John
    2005 Mustang GT - dragstrip and weekend cruiser
    1997 Mustang GT Convertible - daily driver
    12.67 @ 109mph, 348hp/332trq, NA with cams, bolt-ons

Pics/specs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Platinum Award 
    I drive on the freeway to work also and I love My Borla Ford Racing Stingers!!!! They get better with age!!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Bassani all the way.... Ive had SLP which sounded like crap, Flowmaster which where ok but the Bassani is a keeper...
    Livernois 5.0 stroker, Vortech T-Trim 15psi, MMR stage 2 heads, Cams, 60Lb injectors,JBA headers, Bassani rest of the way 550hp/490tq Tuned By FASTLANE in Benson NC

[/B][/COLOR]

Don't know if your looking for a cat back or axleback but IMO catback are worthless on these cars. The piping is already 2.5 inches all the way back with one little crimp over the axle thats probably there for a reason. If you want to avoid drone go corsa. I've heard great things reguarding the pypes mid-muff system and drone but I haven't heard it in person. I have the stingers and they can be loud at hwy speeds but I live with it and really don't mind it.
    2006 Mustang GT Blk/Blk
    5-speed Mods..I need more

bassani will still drone a little. Best sounding exhaust that is quiet until you get to wide open throttle and then screams is magnaflow

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    thanks in advance
    07gt
    Let me know when you decide which way to go and I'll see if I can work you up a nice price and save you a few dollars.

Thanks

Ken

Corsa has no drone.

however, flowmaster does, but its barely noticeable. on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 4!

Borla and MAC drone sooo bad, makes my ears hurt, and I've got young years. I took an hour drive with my buddies borla's and I had a headache after the end of the trip cause they droned soo bad. the borla's do have a nice sound and so do the MACs, but the drone is terrible

im not sure if they drone or not but the imco cherry bombs are the best sounding imo, and they are the loudest on the market i believe