Thread: 5.4 2v in my 03 gt

5.4 2v in my 03 gt

so i grenaded my 4.6 2v in my car and instead of doing the whole built stroker thing for more cubes i happen to have in my possesion a 5.4 triton motor from a pickup truck. im going to put this motor with my ported 2v pi heads, jba shortie headers ( long tubes just dont fit with 50 more cubes) and the hps hard baller 5.4 liter intake manifold when it comes out. my qeustion is which cam profile would be good for this motor should i just get the biggest cam profile i can for the 4.6 and stick it in the 5.4 i know that torque wojnt be a problem with the longer rod stroke. but i want to make sure im cramming enough air through the itty bitty heads to feed this motor. and a supercharger is out of the budget if it wasnt i wouldnt be stuffing a junkyard 5.4 into my car( lol).

anyway help with the cam selection would be nice thanks

nick

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiksticked03gt View Post
    so i grenaded my 4.6 2v in my car and instead of doing the whole built stroker thing for more cubes i happen to have in my possesion a 5.4 triton motor from a pickup truck. im going to put this motor with my ported 2v pi heads, jba shortie headers ( long tubes just dont fit with 50 more cubes) and the hps hard baller 5.4 liter intake manifold when it comes out. my qeustion is which cam profile would be good for this motor should i just get the biggest cam profile i can for the 4.6 and stick it in the 5.4 i know that torque wojnt be a problem with the longer rod stroke. but i want to make sure im cramming enough air through the itty bitty heads to feed this motor. and a supercharger is out of the budget if it wasnt i wouldnt be stuffing a junkyard 5.4 into my car( lol).

anyway help with the cam selection would be nice thanks

nick
    Sounds like fun. Contact PSR in the vendor forums. They can set you straight

+ 1. PSR will do it right
    jlt cai, o/r bassani x-pipe,magna pack cat back, tri-ax, sct tune by keith @ az dyno chip, solid axle w/ 4.10 gears
    Best time...12.797 @ 108.5 mph w/ 1.76 60ft
    New Best Time....12.3911 @ 106.3 w/ 1.589 60ft
    SOLD

New Toy - 2003 GT stroker, procharger and to much other s**t to list ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by Phx99Cobra View Post
    + 1. PSR will do it right
    This member is in St. Louis
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Pics? 5.4 2v? Isnt it a 3v?
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4