Thread: mustang project car

mustang project car

hey people! i'm new to the site and i just have a few questions regarding my new project car for this winter. i want to buy a 1999 to 2004 mustang, but around here there aren't many v8's. so i was wondering if it is possible to drop the entire cobra drivetrain into a v6 mustang including exhaust and everything. i know the body panels will line up but i wonder about the drivetrain and exhaust because its not a dual exhaust or a v8. any help would be appreciated. please email me or just post on this thread so i can get started. i have a cobra parts car that was hurt due to fire damage but the body panels are good and the trans and rearend so i just really want to know what a good idea is. thanks

I believe you can. As far as the exhaust you just need the hangars for the dual exhaust. Sounds like a nice project.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Yeah man almost everything will fit right in. You will have to find hangers for the exhaust and other little stuff like a main wiring harness and computer but nothing too extreme.

You may want to also check the suspension. If I were you I'd make sure that you swapped over the axles/IRS, brakes and so on. As Graham said you will need the computer and wiring harness.
    Just another stock Mach.

Also take into consideration that the v6's have the 7.5" rear end and all the v8's have the 8.8"