Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: some of us went to the 9/11 event at speedworld

Nice runs. You got the speed Tony. Start banging those gears!
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Nice runs guys!

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    well, if he is killing it in the 60' time, that would explain it. if he is spining, which we know he is with that power and those tires, that would explain the time. i just can't explain my constant 1.7 60' times with the 12.2-12.3 that i keep running. i think i need to adjust my shift points....

I would say killing the 0' time is and understatement. I ran a 2.6 60ft with a .834 reaction time. Pathetic. I will take the advise given here and put some MT ET street on it and give it a try. Whats a set of those gonna run with some rims? Im gonna install and spec 3 + clutch in the next 2 weeks unless you guys have other recommendations.

aw damn it, i though this 9/11 thing was actually going to be on 9/11...otherwise i would have gone out if i would have known it was last night..oh well, nice run fellas
    Last edited by OH3MGSVT; 09-10-07 at 01:34 AM.

Gold Award 
    jeff- i think i am getting though em a little better everytime out. i cannot bring myself to leave my foot on the gas at all when i shift. and plus knowing now that my shift points are off, i am fairly sure that is costing me time to. i barely get into fouth before going past the line, so i have to believe that is costing me something.

wickedcobra- i would recommend that clutch, thats what i have. but be sure to add the ldc freeplay clutch mod and you will be very happy.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Nice runs! Wish I could have made it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I would say killing the 0' time is and understatement. I ran a 2.6 60ft with a .834 reaction time. Pathetic. I will take the advise given here and put some MT ET street on it and give it a try. Whats a set of those gonna run with some rims? Im gonna install and spec 3 + clutch in the next 2 weeks unless you guys have other recommendations.
    Wheels $250 for the pair.
    http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/AvengerSeries.htm

Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Tire
    26'' x 11.5'' - 16''LT
    $182 Each From Jegs
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...46356_-1_36685

Tubes if you want to run them are about $120 a pair.

MT also makes a 17" ET street that will fit stock rims but I think that would be lacking with the reduced sidewall.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Definately a fun night.... and dinner after, way too much fun in some of our sleep deprived states!

I've got several pictures of Tony and a few of you other guys but they are still on my camera so I'll post them up as soon as I can upload them and get them online.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Gold Award 
    god i wish that was true....

YouTube - not

little recap on the video, i deep staged, tried to put it in reverse to get the other light back on, tree started as i was in the middle of tryin that, so i jambed it back into first ran it up to 4 grand a dropped the clutch. well for some reason, after putting my tranny in reverse it like me to cycle 1-2 before getting moving. so having not done that, it would not go into second. and thus the long blank in there. not like it mattered, the clocks completely f-d up anyways.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Ah I have a 10.88 so I am still not beat. LOL
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5