Thread: used or rebuilt T-5

used or rebuilt T-5

Looking for a good replacement tranny for my '91 GT on a poor college student's budget. 1st and 2nd are hell in traffic..... grinding finally getting to me. Any and all suggestions welcome!
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Platinum Award 
    FordMike rebuilds them for great prices, I dont know if hes on here but he is on all the other local boards

I wanna say 200-300$ for a full rebuild but dont quote me...he does top quality work

I can get his info for you if this is something you'd be interested in

Chris
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Yeah definately interested..... does he sell rebuilt ones or just rebuild them? I can't have my car down long enough to have it rebuilt so right now I'm just looking at buying a rebuilt or used one and swapping it out one afternoon so I'm not without my wheels. Plus I was going to have this one rebuilt and put it in one of my other cars.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."