Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03 4.6 G.t Help!!

03 4.6 G.t Help!!

Hey guys i know i haven't posted much here but i have got a serious problem an need some real help. I have a 03 G.T 4.6 with a vortech V1 supercharger, with ethanol injection kit, ( washer fluid ) SVT focus pump, 35 lbs injector's an im running 22c Motorcraft plugs, And custom tuned 345 RWHP. Well about a year ago i had a ignition on cylinder number1. It blew off the top of the piston. Well i rebuilt it an it did great for a while. Now a year later im have in some serious issues. Some of the spark plugs are collapsing. There closing up against the electrode. Well i replaced the fuel pump because it was slacking off an had a 20 lb DROP! so i replaced it tonight an installed a fuel filter, and found number 3 plug collapsed tonight. so i replaced it as well. The car did fine then after i went an got on it it started to act like it was haveing to catch up with it's self. Idk what to do any more. Can some one help?

If you have ventrilo please conntact me here. 216.180.236.236 port 4014.

I need some pics of the plugs to be able to make an educated assumption. But it sounds like it might be detonating pretty hard. Post some pics.

Well i found the problem! cylinder # 7 plug was collapsed an the electrode was broken off. Cylinder # 3 LOL well the piston ir burn an melted to crap an theres a hole in it at the lower side. This is the second time this has happened why is that? Can any one answer an oh yea ill send pics asap Thanks for replying.

Here's the pic's of the blown spark plugs an some more.

Platinum Award 
    Uh oh! Not good...

No tune I assume?

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

yea its tuned.

Platinum Award 
    How? Mail order? Dyno?

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Dyno an i have a power programmer. SCT flash http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/SC...ash-device.htm

Is the methanol always on when it goes under boost or do you have a separate tune for when you want to use the methanol?
    Also the nozzle for the meth to far a way from the throttle body IMO, it should be with in about 6-8 inches of the throttle for the best result.
    Last edited by INDY; 08-25-07 at 06:10 PM.

methanol injects when the boost is at 4psi