Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Time For K-Member!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    i really want to go the whipple route, but right now the fundage would not allow me to do it the correct way. i will go this route, enjoy it for a few years and save away for the twin screw and a return style fuel system.
    I'd rather avoid trying to make the stock blower work outside of it's max rpm, myself. But, I see where you're coming from. I would just rather wait until I can afford what I really want or not have it at all. I've done mods twice enough times to just want to do it only once, in the first place.
    '03 Cobra - Mildly modded. A work in progress. 12.566 @ 110.755, 1.89 60' on street tires
    '93 Notch - Looks faster than it is.
    '72 F100 4x4 - Dormant, for now.
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110

i really want to go the whipple route, but right now the fundage would not allow me to do it the correct way. i will go this route, enjoy it for a few years and save away for the twin screw and a return style fuel system.
    You don't need a return system. Unless you plan on going real fast.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    if i do go with a twin screw, i want to make it scream. no screwin around. and from what devin,dan and shane tell me, thats the best way to go to do it right. i don't want to chance anything. and right now i don't have the 5-7k i would need to do it all. as with a whipple will come the need to also put a cage in the car, which, honestly, i do not mind, but can't afford right at this moment. granted the ported will put me right there, but thats cool, i am sure with my driving abilities i will not have to worry just yet. plus since this is my first big horsepower car, i want to get use to the power increases in small doses. i think with 500 across the board i will be happy for a good period of time. and honestly, i would like to have a 10second eaton car. i think that would be plenty of fun.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

if i do go with a twin screw, i want to make it scream. no screwin around. and from what devin,dan and shane tell me, thats the best way to go to do it right. i don't want to chance anything. and right now i don't have the 5-7k i would need to do it all. as with a whipple will come the need to also put a cage in the car, which, honestly, i do not mind, but can't afford right at this moment. granted the ported will put me right there, but thats cool, i am sure with my driving abilities i will not have to worry just yet. plus since this is my first big horsepower car, i want to get use to the power increases in small doses. i think with 500 across the board i will be happy for a good period of time. and honestly, i would like to have a 10second eaton car. i think that would be plenty of fun.
    Many cars have hit the 9's with the return-less setup. I have zero issues with the BAP and stock pumps with the PPRV removed. But the decision is yours, both systems work.
    If I do a lower I will need a fuel line upgrade and that would support me fine into the lower 10's.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    yup, i will not disagree with ya one way or another there. just know that what the guy tweakin my computer tells me to do, i am going to go with. since he has been spot on with everything else.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

yup, i will not disagree with ya one way or another there. just know that what the guy tweakin my computer tells me to do, i am going to go with. since he has been spot on with everything else.
    LOL
    BAP, Line Upgrade and PPRV delete $450
    Return system $1500
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    if i am not mistaken the PPRV you have to do either way....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

if i am not mistaken the PPRV you have to do either way....
    That is just some line and clamps for about $50.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    yup. i know how that one goes. watched D do it on his car. not too difficult of a mod.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Many cars have hit the 9's with the return-less setup. I have zero issues with the BAP and stock pumps with the PPRV removed. But the decision is yours, both systems work.
    If I do a lower I will need a fuel line upgrade and that would support me fine into the lower 10's.
    Yep. I forget what our tuner told me about hp levels for the stock fuel system. But, they have this trick fuel system upgrade kit for the Cobras. They sell you a modified in-tank kit (re-routed and larger fuel outlets from the tank), enough braided hose to go from the tank to the rails, AN fittings for connecting it all to the rails, plus a fuel filter that can be easily accessed. I think I had to be making near 600+ before I'd need that.

Here's what it all looks like.

Their remarks about this kit say they made 620 on MM&FF's 'Project Ice Box' before they maxed out the MAF! I'd be going that way, if need be.
    '03 Cobra - Mildly modded. A work in progress. 12.566 @ 110.755, 1.89 60' on street tires
    '93 Notch - Looks faster than it is.
    '72 F100 4x4 - Dormant, for now.
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110