Thread: Who has the fastest DD Mustang??????

Hybrid View

Who has the fastest DD Mustang??????

I know that we have a list that shows 1/4 mile times, but I would like to know who's the fastest DD Mustang?
    By that I mean those of us that drive our Mustangs everyday regardless of rain, heat, or anything else. Its what we drive to work, on vacation, or any where else we go. Not the nice weather, weekend warriors, or track only Mustangs, but the ones that see around 1000 miles or more a month.

Don't get me wrong I love weekend warriors and track only Mustangs too. But they are purpose built for one thing, to haul @&&!
    But not to comfortable and reliable for DD or long trips, IMHO.

My Mach gets driven around 14,000 miles a year, its not real fast or above average by any means. When I bought it I decided that I wanted to be able to 12's N/A and 11's on the bottle. And I'm almost there, with alittle more tractions I hope to meet my goals. The catch is that I also so planned to drive it everyday, and everywhere I go. If my wife and I decided that we wanted to drive over 4000 mile round trip to go see our families with our son, we will take the Mach. That way I can hit some tracks back east for some better times then I'll get out here in the desert.

So my question is what kind of times are the rest of the DD Mustangs running????????

12.8 @119mph (on stock box tune)drive it everyday 60" 2.5 so i got alot to go! (street tires and hot lap) drove it 1,000+ miles to cali and back

Make it hook and you'll be in the 11's easy.

My best so far was the 12.6 pass with a bad trans and converter on the bottle. Hope for some better numbers real soon!

Gold Award 
    DD that eliminates me. but after looking at fazm's setup, i think he has one mean ass DD....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Mine ran 11.20s when it was a DD.
    Fastest N/A Mustang vert on the planet? (9.81@ 136.34 mph) If I had a TURBO I could go back in time

It seems to me that an 11sec DD is very respectable, but a low 11sec is bad @$$! There aren't to many cars that can run that number and still be reliable enough to take across country for a vacation an not be worried about breaking down along the way. To those that can you have my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by vtecthis349pony View Post
    12.8 @119mph (on stock box tune)drive it everyday 60" 2.5 so i got alot to go! (street tires and hot lap) drove it 1,000+ miles to cali and back

Hahah! I got a quicker timeslip than you! Haha!

Platinum Award 
    but hes got u in mph :)

he even has me in mph
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Quote Originally Posted by vicious781 View Post
    Hahah! I got a quicker timeslip than you! Haha!
    yes you do..... caues best my 60" is a 2.6...... and i dont want to break a haftshaft.... and remember.... the 118 mph was on my econo tune... not the race tune. and yes i know your stock....

Quote Originally Posted by vtecthis349pony View Post
    yes you do..... caues best my 60" is a 2.6...... and i dont want to break a haftshaft.... and remember.... the 118 mph was on my econo tune... not the race tune. and yes i know your stock....
    Break a half shaft. I don't know how to do that.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5