Thread: Safety Gear

Safety Gear

in short:
    Spent all this friggin money on the car but can't race without safety gear
    I think I need the following........
    Helmet: XL (Got a phat head!!)
    Fire Jacket XXL
    Shoes
    DO I REALLY need all of this or is jacket and helmet enough.
    Also where is a good place to buy this stuff (online) and what is a decent brand.
    Don't need anything fancy, prefer run of the mill reliable. Kinda reminds me of the guy who has top of the line skis but can't do anything but fall down on the bunny slope. No possers allowed!!!
    1996 Cobra Pearl White
    Balanced blueprinted forged internals
    Stage 1 heads, Vortec SQC2 12 lbs boost, MSD, Ford ceramic headers, Bassini X, FlowMaster StageII, T45, upgraded internals, MM Panhard, Torque, Tokiko, MM subs, Auto Cross 4 pnt, 5 pnt harness. 490rwhp

Gold Award 
    you can either hit up lopers here in town, or go through summit racing. or even i do believe site sponsor dyno joe has a good price of stuff too. plenty of options.

and as for the jacket, you are running an aftermakret power adder, so you'll need it...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

A good word of advice. Do not be cheap on safety gear.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    A good word of advice. Do not be cheap on safety gear.
    I was told by an old racer if you have a 5$ head get a 5$ helmet if not spend the money on the top of the line safety equipment. When I raced I had 1700$ worth of safety equipment that I had on every time I was on the track.
    2003 SVT Cobra SUPERCHARGED!
    Just your average mostly stock Cobra (stock tune and pulley) SLP cat back and a K&N FIPK. 420rwhp, 400tq 12.28@117.98

I use a Gforce helmet,jacket,gloves, and 5 point harness.
    Simpson also make good equipment.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    I was told by an old racer if you have a 5$ head get a 5$ helmet if not spend the money on the top of the line safety equipment. When I raced I had 1700$ worth of safety equipment that I had on every time I was on the track.
    I have a $300 head.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    I hear you guy's. Just tryin to understand what is good vs what is unecessary. Besides my melon is only worth what price the wifey puts on it.
    1996 Cobra Pearl White
    Stage 1 heads, Vortec SQC2 12 lbs boost, MSD, Ford ceramic headers, Bassini X, FlowMaster StageII, T45, upgraded internals, MM Panhard, Torque, Tokiko, MM subs, Auto Cross 4 pnt, 5 pnt harness. 490rwhp

You don't need shoes.

Unless you mean MY racing shoes . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fastest N/A Mustang vert on the planet? (9.81@ 136.34 mph) If I had a TURBO I could go back in time

Quote Originally Posted by TRUUBLE View Post
    You don't need shoes.

Unless you mean MY racing shoes . . . .
    Now those are some race shoes. Tried to buy a decent helmet on summit but all they had was a G-Force with flames. I told the lady didn't care if it was pink I wanted it. Every damn helmet was OoS. ALso got jacket and gloves. TrUUBLE please bring ur shoes around 5-5:30. Gonna need socks too, Oh, don't forget to put foot powder cause I got a fungus problem....
    1996 Cobra Pearl White

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch22 View Post
    Now those are some race shoes. Tried to buy a decent helmet on summit but all they had was a G-Force with flames. I told the lady didn't care if it was pink I wanted it. Every damn helmet was OoS. ALso got jacket and gloves. TrUUBLE please bring ur shoes around 5-5:30. Gonna need socks too, Oh, don't forget to put foot powder cause I got a fungus problem....

i got my snell2005 at a local motorcycle shop. really nice one, was about 145
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph