Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

Thread: Hijacked Thread

Buckeye, Arizona, United States, 107758105920000, Buckeye, Arizona
    The wife hopefully will get some videos and hopefully I get some time slips to post lol. Thanks!

Platinum Award 
    Hopefully get some picture from Foxtoberfest!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Well, Friday was a mess. Only made 1 run and had issues. Normal slow driving around everything seemed fine until you hammer on it. Had a loud "ticking" noise and it was very fast. Thinking I have a pinion angle issue, not enough down angle. I set the angles at 3? initially and everything looked good. The rear ujoint is loose like their supposed to be. I used a set of QA1 coilovers on the rear and it sets lower than factory so I'll do some research this morning and see if I can up with a plan and try it again. The little time I was in the throttle this thing feels like it's gonna be a rocket 😁

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterHorse View Post
    Well, Friday was a mess. Only made 1 run and had issues. Normal slow driving around everything seemed fine until you hammer on it. Had a loud "ticking" noise and it was very fast. Thinking I have a pinion angle issue, not enough down angle. I set the angles at 3? initially and everything looked good. The rear ujoint is loose like their supposed to be. I used a set of QA1 coilovers on the rear and it sets lower than factory so I'll do some research this morning and see if I can up with a plan and try it again. The little time I was in the throttle this thing feels like it's gonna be a rocket 😁
    Back in the day I know I set the Cobra at 2 degrees pinion angle. So 3 should be enough.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Long story short...I found my noise. When I installed the safety loop it wound up close to the driveshaft on 1 side but had clearance. I never paid attention to the balance weights. Under a heavy load the transmission was torquing over to the passenger side of the car just enough that the weights would hit the loop. Normal just moving the car around it never hit, just while I was on the gas real hard. Due to the noise I was never in the gas real hard except for the last pass but I wasn't in it hard until I shifted into second and just made the command decision to drive it like I stole and if it breaks...I'll know what the noise is. It didn't break. My run was a less than stellar 8.72 and the mph was way off, look at the pic of the time slip lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Does that say 498 MPH? Car flys. LOL
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

It actually says 498 lol. If that were the case I'd be in the hospital or morgue right now due to the fact I would have never been able to stop before the barricades at the end of the track and I don't think I would have made the turnout. We had a full 1/2 mile of shutdown which was nice.

Carbon Fiber Brakes work great.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Probably a bit out of my price range lol.

Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5