Thread: No problems!

No problems!

So I got to run this weekend without any hiccups. I had lots of fun and drove my car home without breaking anything.

First run was a 60% run to test track/conditions/vehicle. Everything was smooth and traction seemed plentiful. I then did a few passes allowing for cool down, however one pass I did hop lap to check for consistancy. I ended up running 13.1 at 109 for my first two passes which were 95%, then my next two runs were 12.8 each. My last run I gave a good cool down and hardened my launch on my street tires and got this.

Is this a decent pass for a pretty much stock power car with daily street tires? Each time I launched harder the track kept grabbing. I could have launched the car but I was just too worried about breaking my halfshafts my first real day out at the track. It was also kinda hot out, 90+ degrees or so. Thinking if I had some better tires and ran it at night, low 12's might be possible? Does that sound right?

Sticky tires might get you into the low 12s. Your 60 foot time is killing you.
    Fastest N/A Mustang vert on the planet? (9.81@ 136.34 mph) If I had a TURBO I could go back in time

Stock halfshafts will hook good on a set of ET Streets.

Drag radials will hop at times.

You could go low 12's easy.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5