Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbiased Tuner Reviews

Silver Award 

Unbiased Tuner Reviews

I have been seeking the internet to determine the best tuner for the 07 Mustang GT, unfortunately it seems the advice you get is usually from the dealer selling it, which proves nothing.

Id like to know what you all recommend with regard to tuners.

I have a stock, 5 speed GT.

Im between Diablo and SCT and from what Ive learned the SCT only is an advantage to Automatics.

Seems the Diablo has a horsepower increase from 279 to 293 with a cold air intake couldnt find anything on the SCT.

Are there any tuners that allow multiple car tunes? Lets say it does my Ford and my GM?

Gold Award 
    Did you ever get a tuner? I was thinking the same question and thought that I may go with a diablo programmer.
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

Gold Award 
    i would suggest an sct chip with a custom tune. i think thats where you will get your best gains.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Silver Award 
    Still havent done the tune yet. Was hoping to get alot of feedback before deciding.

Thanks AZSonicSnake the only issue I have, is that based on the research Ive done as stated above that this tune from SCT really only helps automatics. Anyone that can shed some light on this would be appreciated.

The only real difference from my Stang and any other stock GT is mine has 5 Speed with 3.55 gears, cold air intake, and the shaker scoop.

Gold Award 
    considering my car is nothing close to an automatic, i can't help ya there. but i am not refering to any hand held tuners, i am talking about a chip that a shop would custom tune and put in your car.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

hp tuners allows you to tune fords and they also have stuff to program gms, what is needed to tune both etc not sure. Hp tuners is very good software but need to know how to tune. That being said they do have a lot of "ruff" tunes on there forums but would have to check a lot of things and make adjustments no 2 cars are the same exactly

i would use the sct Xcal3 personally they are the best tuners around hands down i sell both sct and diablo and i can tell you right now you will have the best luck with SCT stay away from HP tuners we are also a dealer for them but they are more geared more for GM
    Last edited by Dan; 02-19-08 at 08:45 PM.

I personally use Sniper, great tuning software. One can tune himself or have a tune shop tune it. Multiple tunes for one car and comes with two bullets, another words if you have two mustangs no problem. You need a laptop and I suggest an Innovate air/fuel meter. It also has live data stream. Great for the do it yourself-er. Saves time and money and a trip to the tune shop. If interested I can show you there software and some examples. They run around 400$.

Silver Award 
    Well Ill let you know how things go tomorrow. I have an appointment with Performance Solutions to get some more ponies out of the corral.

We are looking forward to meeting you and making your stang run better, see ya later on today.