Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: another bad experience at speedworld[clubday]

Gold Award 
    totally agreed. they had too much to try and pack in one day. and making the kiddie events the main prority was horse crap. we paid 25 bucks to run our cars on the track. not watch other peoples kid ride big wheels. they need to do what the rest of us did, find a freakin baby sitter.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    I wasnt there but AMEN TO THAT TONY!!!!!

Well on a brighter note, The Copperstate Mustang Club had a great Pancake Breakfast at Papago Park. There were a few sprinkles of rain, but no biggie.

like isaid before i see that happen everywhere its called GREED getting half of your moneys worth and again someone scammed you.support the buisnesses who try to do good buisness.and mark the ones they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    totally agreed. they had too much to try and pack in one day. and making the kiddie events the main prority was horse crap. we paid 25 bucks to run our cars on the track. not watch other peoples kid ride big wheels. they need to do what the rest of us did, find a freakin baby sitter.
    While I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled the club day when the juniors/big wheels were running, I have to interject regarding the badmouthing of juniors and big wheels.

First, let me tell you that my daughter is a junior racer and my son is a big wheel racer (until he is old enough to drive his junior). Both of my kids are team members of all three tracks (Tucson, Firebird, and Speedworld). So, my kids were some of the kids you guys are complaining about.

Junior racing is a huge financial commitment and a huge time commitment. It provides a good amount of income to the tracks and is highly competitive. The Saturday before club day, I trailered the junior to Tucson so both kids could race.

Beyond that -- and infinitely more important -- is that junior racers represent the future of drag racing. Erica Enders was a junior driver and so was J.R. Todd (who was rookie of the year and won again in Top Fuel Sunday). These kids don't show up at the track because the parents can't find a sitter, they show up because they love to race -- or in the case of my daughter -- LIVE to race.

My daughter sits at home with a practice tree to hone her reaction time and cut .017 and .016 lights in qualifying on Sunday. She's 9 . . . I bet she had better reaction times than anyone on this site.

Like I said . . . I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled a junior race on the same day that clubs were running. But . . . don't dis the juniors. These kids work their butts off to get to the track and are more serious about racing than most "adults."

And .. congrats to my son for his runner-up trophy in big wheels on Sunday . . lol.

My .02

Tad
    I don't thing anyone has an issue with the Juniors. It was just the fact they were added in well after club days was setup.

The club day was supposed to be this coming Sunday, but they changed the schedule. That interfered with Copperstate Mustang Club attending with their support trailer and we lost about 30 cars due to the change.

Club day is just a time we can race each other. 2 of our members were not allowed to race because of the cramming of too much into the day.

Once again I watch the juniors all the time at the Nationals and have no problems.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by TRUUBLE View Post
    While I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled the club day when the juniors/big wheels were running, I have to interject regarding the badmouthing of juniors and big wheels.

First, let me tell you that my daughter is a junior racer and my son is a big wheel racer (until he is old enough to drive his junior). Both of my kids are team members of all three tracks (Tucson, Firebird, and Speedworld). So, my kids were some of the kids you guys are complaining about.

Junior racing is a huge financial commitment and a huge time commitment. It provides a good amount of income to the tracks and is highly competitive. The Saturday before club day, I trailered the junior to Tucson so both kids could race.

Beyond that -- and infinitely more important -- is that junior racers represent the future of drag racing. Erica Enders was a junior driver and so was J.R. Todd (who was rookie of the year and won again in Top Fuel Sunday). These kids don't show up at the track because the parents can't find a sitter, they show up because they love to race -- or in the case of my daughter -- LIVE to race.

My daughter sits at home with a practice tree to hone her reaction time and cut .017 and .016 lights in qualifying on Sunday. She's 9 . . . I bet she had better reaction times than anyone on this site.

Like I said . . . I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled a junior race on the same day that clubs were running. But . . . don't dis the juniors. These kids work their butts off to get to the track and are more serious about racing than most "adults."

And .. congrats to my son for his runner-up trophy in big wheels on Sunday . . lol.

My .02
    i was not blaming the kids for what happened but there was too manny clubs out there.i was at other jr events and it went fine and i enjoy to see that they have fun racing.the point is it was overscduled and the staging girl was in stress due to everybody getting angry about not running and i got her at the wrong moment.i only hope Management is looking into it and is doing some changes to not do this again.Speedworld "PREP THE TRACK" and i dont want to hear there where not enough people to do so do we wait for an accident again before we do it right??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by 03cobrazzz View Post
    i was not blaming the kids for what happened but there was too manny clubs out there.i was at other jr events and it went fine and i enjoy to see that they have fun racing.the point is it was overscduled and the staging girl was in stress due to everybody getting angry about not running and i got her at the wrong moment.i only hope Management is looking into it and is doing some changes to not do this again.Speedworld "PREP THE TRACK" and i dont want to hear there where not enough people to do so do we wait for an accident again before we do it right??????????????
    I agree. It was poorly managed and the track was not in good shape . . . especially for my car . . lol

Gold Award 
    i am not saying i have anything against kids doing this. but either let the racers know, or try to do it on a day when there is smaller club presance. i will soon have my son doing this sort of thing too. so, its not that i have any issue with the track doing that, just do it at the right time. and not put so many things on one day.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

I talked to Roland today and I will be in contact with the Race Director soon. I was told this will get fixed. Stay Tuned.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5