Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wheels & Tires for The Cobra- Pics

Platinum Award 

New Wheels & Tires for The Cobra- Pics

Well almost three months after I ordered them my wheels and tires finally came in this week. I'm really happy with the way they look, and even more happier with the grip! I'd like to thank the guy that invented DR's- wow, second gear is no longer worthless! Now I'm sure I'll grenade the rear end soon.

I really have to figure out what I need to do to drop the rear of the car to match the front. Right now I have the eibach pro kit w/stock irs. Any suggestions? Here's a few pics, let me know what you think.
    Front: 275/35/18 Nitto 555's
    Rear: 305/35/18 Nitto 555 DR's

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Looks GREAT.

But looking at it closer I see what you are saying about the back sitting slightly higher than the front. Doesn't really make any sense considering its a vert you have more weight in the rear of the car??? I don't get it. But the wheels look KICK ASS
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSMC View Post
    Looks GREAT.

But looking at it closer I see what you are saying about the back sitting slightly higher than the front. Doesn't really make any sense considering its a vert you have more weight in the rear of the car??? I don't get it. But the wheels look KICK ASS
    Thanks! I can see how the front of the car would have more weight, given the engine is in the front. I just need about 3/4" drop in the rear to level the car out. It looks great when my fat a** is in the back seat!

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

I meant the rear has more weight than a coupe would. My vert looks great with my big ass in the back too.... To other people... I personally hate the look
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Platinum Award 
    For sure, I see what you mean. I guess I'm going to have to start dating some heavier women and make them sit in the back! LOL

Like you I just hate that rake look. Sort of like cars back in the 80's. I wonder if removing the isolators would help, or would that make the ride worse?

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Great Past Rides:

Tortuga
    Date a regular girl, but make sure she has fat friends to sit in the back.

I personally like that look, sooner or later I wanna get 19s or 18s for the front of my car so it sits with the sorta hot rod stance.

Gold Award 
    damn. looks kick ass man. i love it.

and lets not hate on big girls, they need love too.

the fix i have found for the uneven drop is to buy a set of eibach sportlines, and put only the rear sportlines on. in mazda land we have had plenty of issues with un even drops. and found that to be the solution.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    Looks great.. Cheap way to drop that rear is throw a 100lb box of sand in the trunk....make sure it's strapped down good. It will give you the drop you want and give you some added rear weight for traction.

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
    Date a regular girl, but make sure she has fat friends to sit in the back.

I personally like that look, sooner or later I wanna get 19s or 18s for the front of my car so it sits with the sorta hot rod stance.

Just one word....Wow!

The wheels look killer!! Nice Job!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    damn. looks kick ass man. i love it.

and lets not hate on big girls, they need love too.

the fix i have found for the uneven drop is to buy a set of eibach sportlines, and put only the rear sportlines on. in mazda land we have had plenty of issues with un even drops. and found that to be the solution.

Thanks Tony! So do you think I should keep the pro kit in the front and buy a set of sportlines and only use 2 of them in the rear? I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that before!! Might work eh? Wonder what PSR would suggest....

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Great Past Rides: