So the clutch in my '04 Mach 1 started slipping and finally got around to swapping it out last week. Did my homework and all the necessary parts ordered and in hand before I started the install including:

Flywheel
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Timken TOB
FRPP Pilot Bearing
Pivot Ball
MM Cable, Quadrant, FW Adj

Only thing I didnt get my hands on was a new fork as it looked like Ford had distribution issues with it and every place I looked and/or called was out of stock but I figured I'd risk it and reuse the one in there.

I'm in the military so I use the Hobby Shop on base equipped with lifts, air tools, and almost everything else I could need. Although being the first time I would ever attempt a clutch swap or anything this involved for that matter, I felt like it was pretty straight forward and had done my homework. Was counting on the starter bolts and the top 2 bolts of the bellhousing being the biggest hassle.

So cutting to the chase, I get the tranny out and am on my way to getting all the new stuff in. I pull the old pilot bearing and put the new one in, then get ready to bolt the flywheel up. That is where things took a turn...

I know for a fact that all 5spd Machs had an 8 bolt crank requiring an 8 bolt flywheel, which is what I ordered. However, the old flywheel on the car was a 6 bolt. Confused me for a bit, but what I am thinking is, the previous owner for whatever reason (maybe blew up the original motor) swapped it with a motor for an Automatic Mach which had a 6 bolt crank.

My car was originally built as a 5spd from the factory, I know this as I have the original window sticker, so I know it wasnt originally an Auto Mach that someone swapped a TR3650 into.

My questions are: (1) Will any GT flywheel work?? And if so, what are the chances that the clutch I have (Exedy Stage 2) will fit a GT flywheel?

(2) Does anyone in southwest AZ have a new flywheel they would be willing to sell? I'm in Yuma, and am willing to drive reasonable distance to pick it up. I've already called every local place (even dealership) no one has one in stock.

The car is my DD so I am trying to get things patched up ASAP...thanks in advance for any replies!