Thread: Gramother's 79 T-bird

Gramother's 79 T-bird

Back in 1979 my grandfather and grandmother purchased a new T-Bird. When my grandfather past away in 1985, my grandfather wanted me to have the car when I got old enough to drive. Well after 12 years of nagging and a little persuasion, I got to drive my grandfather's car this past summer. I took it back to my place to wax and buff it because it has not a good bath for about 2 1/2" years. My grandmother still thinks I would "zoom-zoom" in the T-Bird because she can hear how loud my cobra is and she thinks I drive it fast. I told her "I do", but the T-Bird can not even pull itself out of it's own shadow. I will see if she will let me take it out this summer.....

Actual Mileage.......

Last edited by MinGry03; 01-18-07 at 09:40 AM.
    PJ
    2003 Mineral Grey Cobra

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by MinGry03 View Post
    My grandmother still thinks I would "zoom-zoom" in the T-Bird because she can hear how loud my cobra is and she thinks I drive it fast. I told her "I do", but the T-Bird can not even pull itself out of it own shadow. I will see if she will let me take it out this summer.....
    If you drive it like you did when we went to the dyno she has nothing to worry about
    2003 SVT Cobra SUPERCHARGED!
    Just your average mostly stock Cobra (stock tune and pulley) SLP cat back and a K&N FIPK. 420rwhp, 400tq 12.28@117.98

That is a beautiful car. I wish I had another T-bird. The one I do have is a 95 and there are title problems...
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Gold Award 
    dang, what a clean t-bird. and talk about low milage?!?! dang....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile