Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a year

Silver Award 

It's been a year

Wow, can't believe it's been a year since I've been on here. Just thought I'd drop in and say "HI GANG", good to see a lot of all the old gang is still lurking about, and I see some new names too. For those that don't know, I moved back to Alaska a year ago, and a special shout out to SloSvo, Thanks Alex for the help.

I picked up a new hobby during the cold Alaska winter months, thought I'd share some PICTURES

Anyway hope everyone's doing good, I'll stop in more often, maybe I can get the old DieCast Mustang thread going again, any collectors on the forum, let me know, lot's of new things happening, Maisto has bought Muscle Machines and their coming back to the stores after a long absence, although quality doesn't seem as good as the originals. Jada has introduced a line called LoPro and already have a couple of 2010 Mustang GT variations. Hot Wheels collectors are in hog heaven with all the variations of mustangs HW has been putting out, hot item right now is the blue 70 Mach 1 from the Nostalgia Series, super rare and very hard to find, average price on ebay $20+

Kevin! Its good to see you posting!!! We all miss you! How is the family?

Silver Award 
    Hey Roxy, Everyones doing good, I miss you guys too, sure would like to be there for the fall run, good times.

Word on the street, the poker run where a few clubs got together was a good one!

Hey Kevin glad to hear everything is good!

Unfortunately last year we were unable to do the fall run due to weather but as roxy said, the multi club poker run we had earlier this year was incredible. Had somewhere around 50 cars I believe. Looking forward to the fall events this year.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Silver Award 
    I heard about the Poker Run, sounded like a great time was had by all. I talked to Dennis yesterday, and he said the fall run was going to be held in Oct. (morning of the monsoon madness show?), I may try to swing down there, rent a Mustang, make the run, and hang out for the weekend, still a few months off, so we'll see if I can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev'n Kevin View Post
    I heard about the Poker Run, sounded like a great time was had by all. I talked to Dennis yesterday, and he said the fall run was going to be held in Oct. (morning of the monsoon madness show?), I may try to swing down there, rent a Mustang, make the run, and hang out for the weekend, still a few months off, so we'll see if I can make it happen.
    I'm definitely ready for another poker run but would it make sense doing it the morning of the big car show? For one, the poker run would be very rushed to hurry up and get to the show so you can't take your time. Second, a lot of people like to get to the shows early, and the poker run would make that impossible. Third, the cars would be filthy by the time you end up at the show. So cleaning the night before would be useless. And it would make for a lot more work for everyone once they get to the show to clean up their cars. This is just my opinion. To me, it would make sense to have the poker run either the following day or following week.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

I like the run before show idea, makes for a full day and the poker run prizes (have to do the run to win) will defintily make it worth while. Some people like to drive, some like to show, some like both. Any how an athlete never wears make-up.

RACER00

I mean don't get me wrong it would definitely make for a fun full day. Just a really long day. Just worried that possibly a lot of people involved with set up for the show won't be able to do the poker run because they need to set up. That could be quite a few people. Resulting in not a lot of people going on the poker run like last time.

Maybe I'm a little slow but what does an athlete never wears make-up mean?

we were asked by copperstate to do this poker run its
    just going to be a short run ending at fort Mcdowell
    door prizes at ever stop grand prize at the end
    and top 2 poker hands