Thread: 03 Cobra blew spark plug, need new heads!

03 Cobra blew spark plug, need new heads!

Well just driving to work the other morning, not even in boost or anything my motor decided to shoot a spark plug out of the #3 cylinder. I would post pics but im sure you all know what a smashed spark plug looks like

Anyways before someone tells me to do a Helicoil/Timesert Ive already gone that route and it wouldnt thread in for whatever reason, not to mention the fact I have heard to stay away for a few reasons, something about heat transfer in the heads, and the fact the other 7 plugs could also blow out due to me having the 4 thread heads. I have little to no money and was wondering if anyone could help me out on where I can buy a set of revised heads (or comparable) so I dont have the car down for too long, any help would be appreciated. Or any suggestions on what I should do. It is my DD for now but am savign up for a cheap beater to DD so I dont have to worry about driving the Cobra every day and keepign wear/tear off her.

My plan is do buy a set of new Revised 05 Nine thread heads and put in a set of Forged Manley pistons so I will have a near 1000 hp capable shortblock and need heads so all I need to do is throw boost at it.

Anyone Know where I can get a set of good heads that wont break the bank??

SVTP Market
    ModularFords Market
    Craigslist
    Copart

Had you recently replaced them? I always worry about this...
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Might check with this guy: http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/2855478518.html

Heres some, read near the end: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/2911753671.html

Not sure what it would take to use these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-6L-DOHC-Cy...#ht_500wt_1133
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

I don't know anything about your heads or what they are even made from, but what I do know is that when I have an object of a metallic kind that is messed up somehow, I take it to my local tool maker/machinist/welder in town and he unf#%ks it for me. It has been my experience that very little in the metallic world cannot be fixed by a competent toolmaker/machinist/welder.

Quote Originally Posted by OH3MGSVT View Post
    Well just driving to work the other morning, not even in boost or anything my motor decided to shoot a spark plug out of the #3 cylinder. I would post pics but im sure you all know what a smashed spark plug looks like

Anyways before someone tells me to do a Helicoil/Timesert Ive already gone that route and it wouldnt thread in for whatever reason, not to mention the fact I have heard to stay away for a few reasons, something about heat transfer in the heads, and the fact the other 7 plugs could also blow out due to me having the 4 thread heads. I have little to no money and was wondering if anyone could help me out on where I can buy a set of revised heads (or comparable) so I dont have the car down for too long, any help would be appreciated. Or any suggestions on what I should do. It is my DD for now but am savign up for a cheap beater to DD so I dont have to worry about driving the Cobra every day and keepign wear/tear off her.

My plan is do buy a set of new Revised 05 Nine thread heads and put in a set of Forged Manley pistons so I will have a near 1000 hp capable shortblock and need heads so all I need to do is throw boost at it.

Anyone Know where I can get a set of good heads that wont break the bank??

Did you end up getting this fixed? I think I see you posted on Car Guy's facebook, they able to take care of you?

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Did you end up getting this fixed? I think I see you posted on Car Guy's facebook, they able to take care of you?
    Yes I got it fixed finally! Used a timesert and 30 min later we had a runnin car. I did it myself with the help of a friend so I didnt have to take it anywhere

Yes I got it fixed finally! Used a timesert and 30 min later we had a runnin car. I did it myself with the help of a friend so I didnt have to take it anywhere
    Good to hear man.

Glad you were able to get it up and running again. If you ever need anything in the future be sure to contact us again!

Platinum Award 
    Glad you got it man!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org