Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Octane Booster

Torco works great. I use it in the lightning with 20 degrees and 17# of boost. Only problem is it turns your plugs brown and makes it hard to read them for pinging or AF.

I buy it by the 5 gal can. The last one I bought was $185.00.
    '11 Mustang 5.0 GT Premium Convertable
    '99 Cobra Coupe #582 of 4040 11.93@ 118.06
    '00 Lightning #4265 of 4966 10.71 @ 126.8
    '08 F-150 Lariat Limited Super Crew #1548 of 5000
    '71 Mustang Coupe 351C - the next project

What is the procedure to up the octane in a full tank of 91? How do you know how much to mix in? I guess my real question is how long will 5 gallons of it last you?

Below are the results of mixing 32oz with 10 gallons on 91 octane gas. If you mix a full 32oz can with a tank of 91 octane you are getting around 93-94. If you mix it with 5 gallons of 91 octane you are getting 100+ octane.

I get my torco here
    http://www.jbsblownc5.net/html/torco.html#5gal

At the track I use 109 octane race gas. I use the torco on the street.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Also, race fuels will often have a very different stoich point compared to pump gas. For example, VP 109UL has a stoich point in the 13s, so you need quite a bit more of it to get the same a/f ratio as pump gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@VMP View Post
    Also, race fuels will often have a very different stoich point compared to pump gas. For example, VP 109UL has a stoich point in the 13s, so you need quite a bit more of it to get the same a/f ratio as pump gas.
    So in plane english you are saying you need to run a richer MAF Transfer on race gas compared to a street tune?
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    So in plane english you are saying you need to run a richer MAF Transfer on race gas compared to a street tune?
    Well, you need to change the stoich point in the tuning software. Some will let you do this, but in some you may need to adjust the base fuel table or wot multiplier. Your maf xfer should be correct so you don't want to go and make it inaccurate (and make load inaccurate).

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@VMP View Post
    Well, you need to change the stoich point in the tuning software. Some will let you do this, but in some you may need to adjust the base fuel table or wot multiplier. Your maf xfer should be correct so you don't want to go and make it inaccurate (and make load inaccurate).
    That's what I like to see, someone giving out excellent information.

I haven't tried this personaly, but it's supposed to be a great product.
    It's called Octanium, new to the market. Developed and sold through MTI out of Houston, TX.
    They claim that 1 bottle treat up to 15 gallons, and will take a tank of 93 octane to over 100 octane

Here's the link:
    http://www.motorsporttech.com/c6_accessories01.asp
    Whipple Supercharger w140ax, Billet flow idlers, 3.5 upper, 4lb Metco lower, Pfab IC tank, Accufab throttle body, Jlt Intake, KB Boost-a-pump, Bassani X pipe w/ cats, Bassani cat back, Lakewood 70/30 front struts, Centerforce dual Friction clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Billet flow irs brace, H&R race springs, Autometer Boost/Fp/Dynojet Wideband Commander, Xcal 2 tuned by Greg@Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by jophis37 View Post
    I haven't tried this personaly, but it's supposed to be a great product.
    It's called Octanium, new to the market. Developed and sold through MTI out of Houston, TX.
    They claim that 1 bottle treat up to 15 gallons, and will take a tank of 93 octane to over 100 octane

Here's the link:
    http://www.motorsporttech.com/c6_accessories01.asp
    Hmmmm....that almost seems too good to be true

The Nunn's