Thread: Roadcoarse Event at P.I.R

Hybrid View

hey i knew you would find these forums sooner or later i guess it was later any way i may not work for the guys with CRA cuz i still have a grip of track bucks that i need to use i worked the track befor your club was there remember i worked with warren ...but any way i fixed my car and i will be back at the track but this time with more POWER and a stiffer car

Quote Originally Posted by 4doorfoxy View Post
    I know this is an older post but I'm glad to see that some of you are getting into the NASA events, I've been working them for 3 years now at Firebird, PIR, and occasionally Cali Speedway in Fontana. Nightmare, I've see you out there this year, the kid with the other black cobra is a good friend of mine as well.

Too bad some of you didn't get interested a little sooner, since CRA took over the Arizona region of NASA things have changed completely. I prefer the way the old group ran the sessions and weekends better but CRA has brought a few new interesting things to the table as well.

Now that I'm back in Arizona after the summer I'll probably be showing up more often either working the track or doing some of my racing photography. I'm the official photographer for the Arizona Corvette Racers so if I'm not working I'm doing that. If anyone has been around a while, I'm one of the "white shirt" workers that most of the drivers praise so much. That group is my racing group up here (I'm the VP) and we have been working those events for several years now. There was a small falling out with my club and CRA but I'm working on getting us back at the track again. If you've been around a while you've probably seen me on a corner, working grid, or working race control (but you wouldn't see me doing that lol).

So anyway, I hope to see a few people at the track (and eventually on it once I replace my transmission and fix a few other problems).
    sold my 03 fox coupe next

haha, I didn't know it was you lol I still have your pictures btw, got stuck with crappy internet access over the summer so couldn't really send them but I'll definately get them to you now! Congrats on fixing the car, was it the blower like we thought? You could always give me some of your track bucks, I'll help ya get rid of them I think I only have enough for one weekend left from when Warren was here.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

I had a great time at the last event (except that first session). Three Mustangs in group 2 was pretty cool.
    The Thanksgiving weekend event sounds like it's gonna be a good one. At this point it looks like I'm going to New Mexico for the holiday weekend. I'm really bummed because it's the last event of the year.
    Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have any trouble finishing the brake ducts before next year.

I'm a little late to reply to this topic, but NASA puts on GREAT events at PIR and Firebird. I've done 4 of their HPDEs since September '06, and they are all a BLAST.

You're getting the same type of instruction and course training that you will get at Bondurant at a fraction of the cost!

I'll be on track again for their next event on 10/6/2007!
    -- 06 GT --
    2006 Mustang GT Premium M5 Tungsten Gray
    300 RWHP / 313 RWTQ

I'll be there on the sixth also. Anybody else going? I'll be in the black 07 GT with nitto redlines...

Yo, sorry I didn't see this before the 6th--it was great to meet you!
    I'll be at the Thanksgiving Weekend event, only the Saturday portion, though. They are adding a 5th session to DE2 and DE3 for both days, for 100 mins track time per day! :D

Also, open BBQ at the track after the day is done!
    -- 06 GT --
    2006 Mustang GT Premium M5 Tungsten Gray
    300 RWHP / 313 RWTQ

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 06GT View Post
    Yo, sorry I didn't see this before the 6th--it was great to meet you!
    I'll be at the Thanksgiving Weekend event, only the Saturday portion, though. They are adding a 5th session to DE2 and DE3 for both days, for 100 mins track time per day! :D

Also, open BBQ at the track after the day is done!

Have anymore info? I'd love to do this.

i plan to go so long as my car stays together lol hey is a link to the NASA/CRA web site

http://www.clubracingarizona.com/

i got started out the by working in the corners as a corner marshal in return for track time not to sure if that is still the deal if you are intested in this guy call kyle 480 283 7184 he is the corner worker organizer

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Have anymore info? I'd love to do this.
    sold my 03 fox coupe next