Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saleen series VI supercharger questions

Saleen series VI supercharger questions

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/2818508287.html

How much would it take to install this? Would my regular predator tuner work to reprogram my ECM or do I need to send that to Saleen no matter what?

it is a all day project to install this and maybe part of the next day and then you may have to put the duel pumps in also
    as far as a tune its your choice on what you do

Sounds pricey.... So if I had a shop put it in it would be like 12 hours of labor. I figured I would need the pumps with those injectors. I don't know. Seems like I'm going to get myself into something I won't be able to afford.

Platinum Award 
    A REAL gamble, with this motor(3v.no forged parts). I kicked this around ALOT. Hmm.. Edelebrock,Saleen,Whipple,KB...some have had no problems,some not. Throw a "Super" on it..But then ,hmm, will the clutch stand up? how long ?If you do, now it makes more power quicker,cars faster...but, now will brake system keep up? Lots to think about.....
    Last edited by Blackmagic1; 01-27-12 at 06:25 PM.

Hey guys let me clear a few things up. Its about 6 hrs or less to do this job. Maybe if your a city worker 8 to 12 hrs. Dont be afraid to do this job yourself. ITS REALLY EASY! For a fuel pump, ill throw in a kenne bell boost a pump. Problem solved. your tuner can be sent to brenspeed for a kick ass custom tune on the cheap. Your motor is fine untill u run alot boost at it. 4-6 lbs aint **it. Thats why this is the best kit on the market.

Im a 41 year old firefighter with more time than money. Hence i dont pay people to work on my car for stuff i can do myself. 85 - 100 plus a hour. Give me a ***king break. If u can pull ur front bumper off, change spark plugs, work with a few wrenches and sockets, u got this. ITS CAVEMAN proof. I find it fun to learn new stuff on my stang. When the weather is great like this who doesnt want knock out a few projects. Anyways, this motor has no problems with this 4-6 of boost. And at this power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagic1 View Post
    A REAL gamble, with this motor(3v.no forged parts). I kicked this around ALOT. Hmm.. Edelebrock,Saleen,Whipple,KB...some have had no problems,some not. Throw a "Super" on it..But then ,hmm, will the clutch stand up? how long ?If you do, now it makes more power quicker,cars faster...but, now will brake system keep up? Lots to think about.....
    no gamble.. just play it safe and you'll be fine.. I had a friend that had this blower with no issues on the stock clutch.. 7 pounds of boost car ran great...this blower and the edelbrock blower share the same engineering crew/mind set.. once you start getting into the 450 ish is when your rods turn into bananas...right Trucker?

looks like the jig is up he found me. Slo I think yer right if I don't go crazy putting smaller pulleys and stuff it should be fine. My car is auto is there anything that I might need to change there?
    Last edited by IansBAJ; 01-28-12 at 01:41 AM.

if you want a lil more performance out of the car.. a stall converter... but as far as " YOU HAVE TO DO"... nothing...

What are your ultimate goals for the car?