Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earnhardt No Longer Sponsor!!!

Platinum Award 

Earnhardt No Longer Sponsor!!!

John Nissen GSM at Earnhardt Ford stated today that due to a 34% drop in sales and the fact that he has to lay some people off, he doesn't feel right in keeping Copperstate! Earnhardt has been very good to our club by paying for trophies, newsletter printing and mailing. But when it comes time to buy a car it looks like its not the choice of our members!!

Over 20 Members of the club have purchased new Mustangs in the past 2 years but I can only think of 1 who purchased it from Earnhardt.

Copperstate is a 501C3 Org and all things donated to the club are tax deductable!!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Gold Award 
    wow. thats a shock. and what a bummer.

any prospects? i know this probably caught some people completely off guard....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Platinum Award 
    Yes we have someone very interested but I cannot tell you until next week at the earliest!!!

I don't think that this is actually a bad thing we want tod so much more!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    John Nissen GSM at Earnhardt Ford stated today that due to a 34% drop in sales and the fact that he has to lay some people off, he doesn't feel right in keeping Copperstate! Earnhardt has been very good to our club by paying for trophies, newsletter printing and mailing. But when it comes time to buy a car it looks like its not the choice of our members!!

Over 20 Members of the club have purchased new Mustangs in the past 2 years but I can only think of 1 who purchased it from Earnhardt.

Copperstate is a 501C3 Org and all things donated to the club are tax deductable!!!
    I have kind of been expecting something like this for awhile. They haven't done anything with us as a marking tool to sell Mustangs, or for that matter, promoted their inventory (New Mustangs) with us, or even carried much in the way of inventory that we would be intrested in. We have kind of been a Charity for them, easily costing 8-$9,000 a year.

If they had been smart, they would have had a "Mustang Roundup Sale" held in conjunction with our Spring Show, every year, and instead of grumbling about having to move 200 Cars to make space for our show, moved 250 Cars, and brought in extra inventory of Mustangs, new, and used, Promoted our Show to the Public, and had potental buyers walking on and off the lot, all day! Selling Cars isn't Rocket Science, it is Marketing, and bringing the right clientel to the product.

OK, I know Get Off the Soap Box. Earnhardts loss, will be another (Smart)dealerships gain. Some of us have a very good idea who that will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Yes we have someone very interested but I cannot tell you until next week at the earliest!!!

I don't think that this is actually a bad thing we want tod so much more!!!!
    That someone else will be very intrested in the potental of the MCA SW Regionals beeing held in town too!

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchmach View Post
    Earnhardts loss, will be another (Smart)dealerships gain. Some of us have a very good idea who that will be too.
    thats exactly the way i feel about it. we will find another dealer, there are lots of dealers out there the support car clubs. and know thier marketing value. its very good to hear there is something in the wings. that is awesome. personally since i got invovled that was the only thing i was not crazy about the club. being a former employee of earnhardts.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    thats exactly the way i feel about it. we will find another dealer, there are lots of dealers out there the support car clubs. and know thier marketing value. its very good to hear there is something in the wings. that is awesome. personally sinc ei got invovled that was the only thing i was not crazy about the club. being a former employee of earnhardts. ;)
    The Sales Manager at "Other Dealer" that Dave mentioned has expressed an interest in sponsering The CMC a couple time the past year. I have little doubt that it will be onwarned, and upward for the CMC.

Bought my truck from them. I will never buy a vehicle from them again after that experience.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    I can only take a big huge monster guess who it will be, And im very happy for it too

Platinum Award 
    Like I said before we want to do so much more and I think with HPS us and our new sponsor will be a great team!! Earnhardt never asked us to do anything!!!!!! We wanted to do alot for them but it always seemed like a burdern to them for the spring show.