Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which k member for me?

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    totally understandable. just throwing it out there.

btw- who sells the pa unit? and what kind of money is it?
    I would be buying the PA mildsteel (DD car is mildsteel is my best bet).

The K member and motor mounts and spring perches with shipped come to 360ish. Like I said I will be running stock springs and a arms. I would be buying from Matt Hill Motorsports. Matt is the man, he is the one who tunes my car. A very good stand up guy.

I would love Dan to chime in and give me his thoughts I PMd him earlier. I don't know if the unit he sells works with stock a arms. I also wondered if he sells any brands. I doubt since they make there own.

Dustin

Dustin

Gold Award 
    i do know that the psr unit does not work with stock control arms. but personally that is something i would want to upgrade at that time anyways. but we all upgrade at our own pace. lol.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDust22 View Post
    I agree completely with you on this one. But I never really heard anything bad ever about the PA unit and you have to put in to prospective of how many PA has sold compared to the PS unit. I am not knocking PS at all but they are new and it will take awhile to start getting the word on the street.
    I work for PSR...since Dan is snoozing on the long weekend I'll answer as best I can.

PA will always be in the lead concerning units sold. Dan designed this unit from the ground up based on what he liked from other K members and what he wanted from his own design. PSR's K-member setup concentrates on 3 things: strength, weight, and clearance/fitment.

IMO this K-member really shines in the turbo department with a non OEM exhaust manifold, and this is one of the top three reasons it exists. This is where the K-member will make its name for itself. There are currently 6 turbo cars being done at the shop with the PSR K setup, and a couple of local non-turbo cars with the unit as well. In addition, Stormin Norman and Sambandit are also running PSR units. Finally, it's also holding up in excellent fashion to the Silver shop car slamming it up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDust22 View Post
    I would love Dan to chime in and give me his thoughts I PMd him earlier. I don't know if the unit he sells works with stock a arms. I also wondered if he sells any brands. I doubt since they make there own.
    You need coil overs, MM or equivalent caster camber plates and PSR arms to run the PSR K-Member.

If you'd like, we can take care of you in w/e decision you make. 602-269-8955 ask for James (me).

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG View Post
    I work for PSR...since Dan is snoozing on the long weekend I'll answer as best I can.

PA will always be in the lead concerning units sold. Dan designed this unit from the ground up based on what he liked from other K members and what he wanted from his own design. PSR's K-member setup concentrates on 3 things: strength, weight, and clearance/fitment.

IMO this K-member really shines in the turbo department with a non OEM exhaust manifold, and this is one of the top three reasons it exists. This is where the K-member will make its name for itself. There are currently 6 turbo cars being done at the shop with the PSR K setup, and a couple of local non-turbo cars with the unit as well. In addition, Stormin Norman and Sambandit are also running PSR units. Finally, it's also holding up in excellent fashion to the Silver shop car slamming it up and down.

You need coil overs, MM or equivalent caster camber plates and PSR arms to run the PSR K-Member.

If you'd like, On3Motorsports (PSR's parts department) can take care of you in w/e decision you make. 602-269-0029 ask for Dustin and tell him I (James at PSR) sent you.
    Thanks for the repsonse man. I have no plans of going turbo. I also don't plan on doing the a arms or coilovers anytime soon. It all boils down to money. Only reason I am doing the k member is because I am doing the longtubes. Ill contact Dustin at On3Motorsports to see if they sell other brands. Thanks for all your help guys!

Dustin

I have a used Q1A laying around I know that you can buy the sprig purch so you can use your stock units call me Ill make you a deal on this I no longer need this unit

thanks
    Dan

you guys have any pics of this K member?I'd like to know more aobut it.How is it better than the QA1, or MM K member?
    96 GT Modular Bastard
    Livernois Forged Stroker, TKO conversion, Wet/Dry Nitrous,
    Powerheads Stage 2 Ported PI Headswap & cams.
    MM suspension, 3-link and all that
    67 Fastback 351C, Ground up chassis, coilover susp w/ Cobra IRS - in progress...

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalamar View Post
    you guys have any pics of this K member?I'd like to know more aobut it.How is it better than the QA1, or MM K member?
    QA1 = no comments. Someone else who is neutral can comment about QA1 quality.

As far as MM, MM is a road course unit and that is where it really shines. AFAIK it also weighs more than any other K-Member save the OEM unit. If I was looking for a 100% duty street/strip K-Member, MM would not be my first choice or my second. It's an excellent piece but there are lighter alternatives with equivalent straight line strength out there if you're a 99% straight liner.

But you already know this cause you have a MM unit...

Good to know.

I know what I've read, I haven't driven my car yet!
    Just after I swapped the suspension, I got into the engine, and haven't got it back yet from the tuner.

Just wanting to know more about the other K members out there.
    So it sounds like it's more of a Drag Racing, weight saving unit?

What would be your first or second choice?
    96 GT Modular Bastard
    Livernois Forged Stroker, TKO conversion, Wet/Dry Nitrous,
    Powerheads Stage 2 Ported PI Headswap & cams.
    MM suspension, 3-link and all that
    67 Fastback 351C, Ground up chassis, coilover susp w/ Cobra IRS - in progress...

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalamar View Post
    So it sounds like it's more of a Drag Racing, weight saving unit?

What would be your first or second choice?
    Right now it is a straight line unit. We may get bored and add some cross-beam steel pieces for triangulation but don't hold your breath.

PSR, PA, D and D would be my top 3 personal choices in order.

this is finished and Raw