Thread: Which k member for me?

Hybrid View

Which k member for me?

I plan on getting a set up hooker/flowtech longtubes soon and I firgured I would get a k member at the same time. I am not going to get CC plates or coilovers right now. What k member will bolt right now and be worth my money. I am leaning toward the PA racing one. I can get a good price on one.

Dustin

I have the AJE K-member and lower control arms. Anthony makes a beefed up unit for road racing/street use that has an extra brace to handle the rough streets for daily driving. Can't beat the service you'll get with AJE. I went with MM coil overs to get a set that fit tightly on the Tokiko drag struts I have on the front. I really like the K-member, I have had it on there for a couple years now and no long term issues.

I put BBK LTs on mine and I bought the engine support to drop the factory K-member to install the headers. That is when I put the K-member in. I would suggest dropping the member for long tubes. Once you get the member out then drop the engine down 3-4 inches to make it easier to get to the bolts on the headers. If you need help/ advice on how to give me a shout...

Gold Award 
    do you plan to mainly drag race or road race?

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    I do both. I just adjust the coilovers for different ride height and set the shocks for the desired track. Being lighter in the front pays off at both kinds of tracks. I still have the IRS with all Poly bushings and have had a best of 1.71 60 ' times so far. Stiffen up the shocks, lower the front end, put the NT01 tires on and it will fly around the road course.

I was just out to Firebird Friday for the Pro-Autosport driver school and ran the main track. I had no trouble running with the Z06's and new Shelby GT500. They couldn't get by me in the turns, but would hang right there on the 5/8 mile straight. I wasn't spraying so I wasn't pulling away from them on the straight, but I could hold my own there. Did get passed by an 04 Cobra when he drove it in so hard into turn one that he almost went off the track.

I just love the fact that my Cobra and the Lightning will run both the 1/4 and the road course and do both well.

Car is a DD and will see the drag track occasionally. Will never see a road course.

Dustin

Gold Award 
    i do the same superdust, and i plan to go with the psr k-member that performance solutions makes. i would drop by the shop sometime, and they can show you thier k-member, as well as many of the competitors k-members.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

i do the same superdust, and i plan to go with the psr k-member that performance solutions makes. i would drop by the shop sometime, and they can show you thier k-member, as well as many of the competitors k-members.
    I have been down to the shop and seen the k member. I can't remember what other k member they had down there comparing it too though. I wouldn't mind getting one of there thiers but I think money will stop me. Ill pm Dan and see what they are going for. The PA unit is prices is hard to beat.

Dustin