Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going to SW to retest the bottle

going to SW to retest the bottle

I'm heading to SW around 6:30pm to retest the bottle tonight. After having the soleniod fail last weekend on the first pass I'm lucky I didn't hurt the motor. So we replaced the soleniods and plugs this week, then retested it on the dyno. Everything looks good, it made @ 360hp & 460ftlb today, I'm hoping to hit the low 12's tonight.

Gold Award 
    good luck man! i was gonna head out, but after a long ass day of dealing with crappy i-17 traffic, and shooting at table mesa road, i am cooked. let us know how it goes!!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Well do to me being a dumb@$$, I thought I toasted the motor last night. They staged me with a full on race car that was so loud I couldn't hear or feel what my Mach was doing. Being a IDIOT I sprayed it against him when I should have just run on the motor and sprayed it on the next pass. During that run something went wrong and I thought the motor was history, so I had it trailered (thanks Seth and everyone else who helped) to the shop. I changed the plugs and Devin checked the cylinder with a bore scope everything looks good . Devin took it for a test drive and said that it runs like a bat out of hell on the motor. So once again I was very lucky . I'm going to change a few thing in the car, then head to the track and try it again. On the first pass I went 12.8@98mph letting off a couple hundred feet early. On the next pass it went 12.7@112 spinning badly, I think it'll run pretty good once I can make it hook.

Gold Award 
    what did it do that made you feel like it let go? mark had posted that a mach lost a motor on the bottle, and the first thing i said was...oh my. i hope its not a black mach 1. glad to hear its ok though, sounds like one scary night....allmost makes me glad i stayed my lazy arse at the house and tinkered on the cobra...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Yeah he was more then likely talking about me. When we put it on the trailer it didn't sound good. But it looks like I might be lucky, I'll know more after a coulpe days of driving.

[quote=AZSonicSnake;10632] mark had posted that a mach lost a motor on the bottle, and the first thing i said was...oh my. i hope its not a black mach 1. glad to hear its ok [quote]

where

Gold Award 
    was on 1320stangs. so probably not many people saw it. lol.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    was on 1320stangs. so probably not many people saw it. lol.
    Traitor!

lol...I'm suprised that place is still up.

Gold Award 
    yea, what can i say, i was bored yesterday, and svtperformance was slow and so was here...lol...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Instead of the bottle, why don't you look into a supercharger? It seems that you are pushing the limits on mistakes with the bottle?
    PJ
    2003 Mineral Grey Cobra