Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to AZ (Peoria)

Hybrid View

Wink New to AZ (Peoria)

Hey All...

Just moved here about a month ago (very lost lol) from the Chicago area

Long time Car Guy...Ford 24/7 for the most part!

Ran and showed in the NMRA / NMCA back home - we were pretty lucky to have three 1/4 mile tracks real close and an awesome couple of twisty tracks. Tons of local cruise spots around the burbs, easy to find a place to go most every night of the week so was always busy throughout the summer! Always easy to find new friends at these car events - Hopefully can find some of the same action down here...soon!!!

My baby is a 1996 Mystic Cobra #544 - had her since new and my friends and I have done all the mods (pretty much all the bolt on options out there), still got a few things I would like to do (port and polish the heads, cam, etc.) but need to fix an exhaust leak ASAP that will be a total PITA and get some window tints plus clean her up after the long trip from IL...but excited to get out!

Daily driver is an 03 SVT Focus (Zippy) - fun little car, great mpg and actually pretty quick once she gets going (no low end Tq hahaha)

Once I get squared away here will Want/Need to pick up a "race car" would like to find an 03/04 Cobra, maybe a killer notch or an AC Cobra (wouldn't we all) some day soon!

Oh...also looking for a career opportunity! Marketing, Product Management, Key Account Mangement... have worked in energy, consumer electronics, telecommunications (cable and satellite), mfg etc. but open to most everything * any help is always appreciated!

Look forward to seeing what is out here - Thanks again!

TimmaY
    1996 Mystic Cobra #544

2003 PitchBlack SVT Focus

Platinum Award 
    Welcome! Love those Mystic Cobras!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Welcome! What part of Peoria you in?

Platinum Award 
    Welcome!

Welcome!! Very nice Cobra you got there!

You might want to check out the Wild West Mustang Club. We are the West Valley Mustang Club. Our meetings are always at Coco's Restaurant on Bell Rd. by the auto dealers in Peoria. We actually have a cruise coming up next sunday to payson which is really nice. Check out the Wild West Mustangs sub-forum on this site for more details.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter3 View Post
    Welcome! What part of Peoria you in?
    83rd and Cactus...still mostly lost around here lol but I make it up 83rd to the gym on a daily basis haha and slowly finding stuff around the area

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    Welcome!! Very nice Cobra you got there!

You might want to check out the Wild West Mustang Club. We are the West Valley Mustang Club. Our meetings are always at Coco's Restaurant on Bell Rd. by the auto dealers in Peoria. We actually have a cruise coming up next sunday to payson which is really nice. Check out the Wild West Mustangs sub-forum on this site for more details.
    Thanks, she is my baby
    Met a few WWMC guys at the Pavilion show a couple weeks back (great show, but long drive haha) Tried to sign up on their message board there, got the OK email but the account doesn't seem to have ever been accepted...
    Cruise sounds great, but I need to get that d*mn exhaust leak fixed and a few other things before she gets any major miles - Plus she is tuned for 93 (usually gets a few gallons of 100 too) octane...

Tim
    1996 Mystic Cobra #544

2003 PitchBlack SVT Focus

Welcome to the site Tim - I transplanted (4) four years ago from Chicago (Soutwest side / by Midway) .....it's paradise out here for car guys like us ......you'll love it ...the summer heat does get easier ......my nxt project just may be a 96 mystic ....I had a blk 96 cobra way back when .......anyway welcome ......retracted if your one of those die-hard cubbie fans.....j/k...

NICE Cobra!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

welcome! Sweet rides! your combination reminds me of the 2 cars I used to have....

I really miss the stang, but that focus was an awesome daily driver! Fun ass little car.